Different hardware different problems

thebaron

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all,

after my run in with the trinhan cab.ci cards, i thought id buy a floppydtv cable card and get the job done right.

so far ive installed:-
windows 7 x64 and x86
vista x86 x64
windows xp mce sp3

dvbviewer which worked excellent with the twinhans seems buddy with the floppydtv. it doesnt scan half as many stations, but everytime u do another scan it finds a few new stations.

i then tried mediaportal 1.1..0 BETA as it has alot of tv server fixes. This does the same thing as dvbviewer where it scans only a few stations and then more times u scan the more stations u get.

I got the FTA working then installed MDAPI and that was working fine, Apart from the odd few tv stations mainly the HD stations such as National Geographic HD. these particular stations were causing a error message to appear stating "unable to start graph"

does any1 have any ideas whats causing this?

cheers

Hi mate take a look at my other thread just sent my floppy back but mine is the s2 they are very fussy about the firewire controlers also make sure you have the legacy drivers in device manager in iee cont i had the same trouble as you it was working fine had to put new mobo in formated drive with win7 x64 and just wouldnt work tidy even went back to vista and xp but no joy it would start a scan and start picking up channels to about 30% but after that it would not pick anything up just seem to be going through the tp also digital everywhere are not trading any more so no more support for floppy but there is a forum let me know and il pm you a link

Hi mate take a look at my other thread just sent my floppy back but mine is the s2 they are very fussy about the firewire controlers also make sure you have the legacy drivers in device manager in iee cont i had the same trouble as you it was working fine had to put new mobo in formated drive with win7 x64 and just wouldnt work tidy even went back to vista and xp but no joy it would start a scan and start picking up channels to about 30% but after that it would not pick anything up just seem to be going through the tp also digital everywhere are not trading any more so no more support for floppy but there is a forum let me know and il pm you a link

quick update, dvbviewer is working fine now. just did a fresh install of mce xp

wot makes me think its not a hardware issue is the fact that dvbviewer is working fine with the card. its mediaportal thats having a hard time. im interested in the forum u mentioned?

cheers

.......mainly the HD stations such as National Geographic HD. these particular stations were causing a error message to appear stating "unable to start graph"

Almost certainly you either haven't got the correct codecs to do the job, your software isn't set up to use the correct codecs or you have a problem with stream decryption.

Bear in mind that VM use non-standard Mpeg2 profiles for their present implementation of HD. You'll need something like the Cyberlink or Intervideo codec to display HD properly.

It also sounds like you may have a signal that is weaker than that required for a lot of dvb-c cards. Dont just assume it should work - Dvb-c cards are not designed for UK signal levels.

Last edited:
hey all,

after my run in with the trinhan cab.ci cards, i thought id buy a floppydtv cable card and get the job done right.

so far ive installed:-
windows 7 x64 and x86
vista x86 x64
windows xp mce sp3

dvbviewer which worked excellent with the twinhans seems buddy with the floppydtv. it doesnt scan half as many stations, but everytime u do another scan it finds a few new stations.

i then tried mediaportal 1.1..0 BETA as it has alot of tv server fixes. This does the same thing as dvbviewer where it scans only a few stations and then more times u scan the more stations u get.

I got the FTA working then installed MDAPI and that was working fine, Apart from the odd few tv stations mainly the HD stations such as National Geographic HD. these particular stations were causing a error message to appear stating "unable to start graph"

does any1 have any ideas whats causing this?

cheers

i'm running a floppydtv cable card - no probs with hd

View attachment 48407

View attachment 48408

View attachment 48409

got nvidia pure video decoder, Coreavc, ffdshow all installed

use on-board graphics - Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H matx m/b with hdmi out

cheers

Almost certainly you either haven't got the correct codecs to do the job, your software isn't set up to use the correct codecs or you have a problem with stream decryption.

Bear in mind that VM use non-standard Mpeg2 profiles for their present implementation of HD. You'll need something like the Cyberlink or Intervideo codec to display HD properly.

It also sounds like you may have a signal that is weaker than that required for a lot of dvb-c cards. Dont just assume it should work - Dvb-c cards are not designed for UK signal levels.

ive got the cyberlink v9 codec installed and selected for mpeg2. ive also got sharkys codec pack installed which has the mpc(gabest) codec as well as the ffdshow codec. ive tried them all, its not just HD that im having trouble with, the likes of bravo and e4 have the same issue.

in mediaportal debug output it reads SIGNAL LEVEL: 100, SIGNAL QUALITY: 100

also why would dvbviewer work perfect with all stations? wouldnt it suffer from the same signal issues and/or bad drivers that medieportal does?

check the channels you are having problems with are in your v-sid file - seen this with vplug/mdapi before and solution was to force that file to be regenerated - little "features" like this are 1 reason i dont like softcams

also why would dvbviewer work perfect with all stations? wouldnt it suffer from the same signal issues and/or bad drivers that medieportal does?

Not necessarily. DVBViewer and MediaPortal have totally different ways of setting up the graph (basically the list of drivers used to access a multimedia device). They also use different abstraction layers.

Having too many codecs or the "wrong" codecs can also cause problems as different programs tend to select them in different orders and use them in different ways. Generally, you should never install a Codec pack. Aquire and install only the actual codecs that you actually need !

heres a update for you,

i cleared my tv channel list and run a new scan.
i found 200+ stations. all of them work.
i then do a another scan which basically states its updated the existing channels and some stations start to fail with the "unable to start graph" message.

might be sql server, may try mysql instead.

Back