Diagram for Reading Lite-On drive key

yay - ive flashed my daughters 360 (liteon).

MAny thanks for info.

Cost £0.00 - used an old npn transistor to read key, and console to power the drive.

wasted half an hour wondering why jungleflasher would not list the com port in the drop down box - then searched and found that you have to actually type in 'COM1' in the drop down box.

wasted another 20 mins or so trying to patch the firmware - kept getting "unable to load file" when browsing to the default liteon file. I then found that the default liteon file MUST be in the jungle flasher folder.

I can't knock jungleflasher - afterall it is BETA software.

Many thanks to all.

OS - vista 32
satachipset - SB700

You were using 026, 043 is out and fixes those very issues.

oops - got both on system as well.

0.43 gave an error on start and seemed to hang pc (this could have been me).
took me a while to realise that you need the sata connected to read the key - wot a NOOB.
Suppose dvdkey uses the sata to tell the drive to spit the keys out.

Ah well its all done now.

Hey what is the link to that diagram for lite-on key read thanks in advance.

Very excellent info. here I have to say!

You have to have 5 posts to do so.

Yes definitely thanks in advance are in order! 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have got a 232 lead i made ages ago, but have never seen a guide telling me how to use the thing lol, hear loads about soldering2points together but i not sure what ones

yay - ive flashed my daughters 360 (liteon).

MAny thanks for info.

Cost £0.00 - used an old npn transistor to read key, and console to power the drive
- SB700

:Cheers:
Noooob question, can you explain how you actualy used the npn transistor...

just like to say wicked forum and when i get my 5 posts i can the stuff to spoof the drive from my 360 as the lite-on 1 suxs and died a horrible no reading of discs death lol :)

:Cheers:
Noooob question, can you explain how you actualy used the npn transistor...

just like to say wicked forum and when i get my 5 posts i can the stuff to spoof the drive from my 360 as the lite-on 1 suxs and died a horrible no reading of discs death lol :)

read this it all the info you need with pics etc :)

Woot.. this was what i was looking for the past 2 weeks... perfect! THNX:banana:

all made simple with xecuter ck3 inc probe and jungle flasher run jungle flasher dvd key connect probe to r707 point click get key and wahaay job done:Clap:
( just make sure power the drive, eject the drive, turned off close the draw 3/4 way in then powered back on first)

Last edited:
just wondering has anyone confirmed this working as I have built 2 or 3 with no luck..

Yes it works perfectly. Did you test yours with hyperterminal?

Back