Di4001n

calhordas

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi to u all

i have a di4001n that is stuck in Tune mode i can not get access to the eng menu by pressing UP and Down Button on receiver
the strange thing is when you remove the power plug and connect it again the screen stays black and goes straight to tune mode but it does not show up the screen saying "please wait while your box is beeing updated" as it youst to do before.

Any suggestions of what it might be?

try unplugging from mains, wait a few seconds, hold in power button, then plug back in mains whilst still holding power button in, and display should read 'okay' then enter 4 3 2 1

give that a try

If you are in a recently converted area to VOD in NTL, these boxes are notorious for not being able to cope with the new update. You might not be able to use it in your area from now on anyway mate.

Thanks for reply i have tried holding the power button and then pluging it to the mains but no luck it appears PACE written on lcd screen from box and after 3 to 4 secs goes to tune on lcd and the tv screen goes black.
As for changing the battery or Atmel reflow i do not have info on how to do it , any tips where i would be able to get info from?
thanks in advance

I had the same problem, it was fixed by removing plug, reconnecting plug and hold the up button, when it says "boot" let go, wait, then wait and wait, then it sparks to life and all is ok, i olny have to do this again if i remove the cable or power, ie moved box to other location. I hope this helps.

Thanks for reply once more but no joy.
i think it's a useless box, soon as i plug the power cable on the mains it goes straight to tune not allowing me to do anything else, i've tried disconnecting the cable from the mains whilst holding the ch button (both or just one from each side) and connecting it again, i've also tried unpluging the cable whilst pressing power button and then connecting it back again still pressing on the buttons and nothing happens i'll might snap a finger if i don't stop doing this.

is your signal ok??

reboot the box with the ch - pressed in

yup signal is fine as i've tried another receiver and after tunning channels screen showed up an allowed me to watch channels

I have same problem on my box it was working before but now if i hold - and power up it only show channel 0 and say no cannels avaliable and when i reboot it gets struck on tune

div4000 problem here too

I too have a similar problem with one of these boxes in exC&W area. I've disconnected talkback, have tried to libby the box by following the tut and using a 4000 config file. When i erased sram and whacked power to it, it ended up coming up with a comms error. BTW, its also got pink menu's so it may be a CR3 version? Does the red jumper technique restore the box to any sound state?
Thanks for helping !
Rgds, H

You'll get a comms error with libby unless you run up the software BEFORE you power up the box.

this will probably sort itself out over night just leave it connected and check in the morning - don't worry about frequency or net id its a davic box and should eventually sort itself as long as you have a half decent signal!!!

slight error on my behalf

Hi,
Sorry but my mistake. My box is a 4000n in ex c&w area.
I did the libby thing to reset the pin. When i power it on, all i get is nlt and then err12.
When i look in the eng menu, the freq is correct, but all i get is 0999 as a net id.
What have a messed up now? Any thoughts guys?

I had a similar problem-are you using a split feed 'cause although this will supply tuner fine after boot - it tends not to provide enough boost to catch the net id.

any 1 got a tuner for a pace di2000 (ntl) just converted it over 2 tw just to fined its got a broken tuner :( pm well come if any1s got a spair!!

Back