DeLL Latitude CPx Motherboard

U

undertek2k

Hello:

Is there anyone out there, who knows their
way around Dells Latitude Motherboards.

I'm trying to locate the CMOS jumper. :D

unfortunately yes...thereis no jumper that
i know of just take out the main and cmos batteries and that will reset the cmos except the password on the newer models

jondoe

[ 16 May 2001: Message edited by: jondoe ]

hi,
the dells are really hard to get into. I tried everything i could think of to kill the cmos. dead easy on any toshiba laptop, ive even asked dell engineers and they said that with a forgotten password they usually replace the complete motherboard.
g :eek:

If its the password you want to clear, its not in the cmos its in a eprom under the processor! which has to be removed, flashed or replaced then reinstalled, there is a password generator on the net (i've been after this for months!!!) it's called 'latitude.exe'a.k.a 'latitude_masterpw.exe'<br />if anyone has a copy of this program please e-mail it to me !!! [email protected] Thanx in advance!!

"Dead easy on any Toshiba Laptop"
Ok then, Ive been asked to remove this password on a toshiba Tecra 740 CDT laptop which someone just bought from car boot sale. Whats the best way round it without dismantling it anyone please?

wavey123 said:
If its the password you want to clear, its not in the cmos its in a eprom under the processor! which has to be removed, flashed or replaced then reinstalled, there is a password generator on the net (i've been after this for months!!!) it's called 'latitude.exe'a.k.a 'latitude_masterpw.exe'<br />if anyone has a copy of this program please e-mail it to me !!! [email protected] Thanx in advance!!

Meant this one ?
It will calculate the master BIOS password for Dell Latitudes from the Service Tag number. Just rename it from .doc to .exe again.

Can anyone confirm this before I try it out.

Toshiba bootuop bios pass killer

Wire lpt connector like this:

Pin Pin

1 to 5
2 to 11
3 to 17
4 to 12
5 to 10
6 to 16
7 to 13
8 to 14
9 to 15

25 pins male

plug dongle on lpt and power on laptop,
it will boot without asking for password,
once booted you can remove it,

speccy said:
"Dead easy on any Toshiba Laptop"
Ok then, Ive been asked to remove this password on a toshiba Tecra 740 CDT laptop which someone just bought from car boot sale. Whats the best way round it without dismantling it anyone please?

try this

Thanks Dave. I already tried the above dongle and it works fine.

What do those 2 files do anyway out of curiousity and how are you supposed to run them.
The lappy has no floppy on it and it dont appear to want to boot from cdrom.

speccy said:
Thanks Dave. I already tried the above dongle and it works fine.

What do those 2 files do anyway out of curiousity and how are you supposed to run them.
The lappy has no floppy on it and it dont appear to want to boot from cdrom.

its an old dos based manual for the tecra730 i know urs is a 740 but may have been help

it does when u enjoying yourself, i arrived here july 2001 it only seems like a couple of months ago...........must be getting old

Back