Dell d430 Series is protected by password authentication :-(

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Afternoon All,

I'm trying to get past this password authtication page upon booting up this lappy but cannot seem to find a way how :-( I can't even find the blimmin Hard Drive from unscrewinging various screws.

I have managed to lift up the keyboard where i found a battery attached to a little wire which i pulled out and left for 10 minutes but that didn seem to help, I can't even get into the bios to make this machine boot off a usb, so I can't wipe the HD and to top it off I can't even find the HD on this device, nor does the lappy have a cd drive, it wudn help anyway as I can't get into the bios either as mentioned before.

Can anyone help me wiv sourcing maybe a default/master/admin password for this machine or advise of any way I could wipe the HD and start a fresh??

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Thanks for that m8ty, I DL'd that file and extracted it but there was no info in it on how to use it, there was an ms-dos app in it but that didn load so I guess it's a fake, thanks for trying to help though!

PM sent m8.

Bear in mind, I haven't tried that App, I only found it last night.

If in doubt, don't use it.

I, nor Digitalworldz are not responsible for any damage done to your machine if it all goes wrong.

I think that about covers everything :)

I had to use that DOS file for a Dell mate. It does work, but doesnt like XP.
I had to load win98 on a virtual machine to get the unlock code.

This text was in the .nfo file

1. Unpack and copy file "a2.com" to a MSDOS bootdisk
2. Boot from bootdisk and start "a2.com"
3. If many boot options are disabled, you may try to force booting from disk by using the "undocumented" STRNG+POS1 feature of many Bioses to boot from disk.
4. Optionally, you may try to boot from CD/HD/USB etc. (whatever works for you).
You can create an MSDOS bootdisk by following the instructions on Bootdisk.com

try pressing [F2] on boot or [F8] or [12] one of the F keys will get you into the bios and one will do a factory restore
edit
factory restore is [ctrl]+[f10] or[[ctr]+ [F11] the other keys on boot should get you into bios or safe mode
google as always is your best friend a simple search brings up lots of info
edogg

try pressing [F2] on boot or [F8] or [12] one of the F keys will get you into the bios and one will do a factory restore
edit
factory restore is [ctrl]+[f10] or[[ctr]+ [F11] the other keys on boot should get you into bios or safe mode
google as always is your best friend a simple search brings up lots of info
edogg

No good m8, you need to go past the password protection before it allows you to access the BIOS...there lies the problem.

Thanks for all your advise guys but still hacn managed to crack it :-(
Is there any way that I could just low level format the hard disk? I don't need or want any of the data on it, just wanna start a fresh without havin to fork out for a new HD

No good m8, you need to go past the password protection before it allows you to access the BIOS...there lies the problem.

Thanks for all your advise guys but still hacn managed to crack it :-(
Is there any way that I could just low level format the hard disk? I don't need or want any of the data on it, just wanna start a fresh without havin to fork out for a new HD

The BIOS password is completely different from the Hard Drive password (which Dell also support).

Even with a completely new Hard Drive, you still need the BIOS password in order for the device to boot up.

Is this the screen you're getting?

XMSJUQJ2TFTTRA4YHQ.jpg

If so, the Hard Drive has nothing to do with it m8.

yup, thats the screen!

The BIOS password is completely different from the Hard Drive password (which Dell also support).

Even with a completely new Hard Drive, you still need the BIOS password in order for the device to boot up.

Is this the screen you're getting?

XMSJUQJ2TFTTRA4YHQ.jpg

If so, the Hard Drive has nothing to do with it m8.

One other option is to call Dell and ask them to help you unlock it.

You will have to prove you're the owner of the machine, when you do that, they will help you unlock it.

Latitudes are generally for the business user rather than the home market.
If you bought the machine from a company, then you should be able to get them to transfer ownership to you through the Dell website.

If it fell off the back of a lorry, then you're gubbed.

That screen is a pain, I've got a d620 that's the same.

I've seen a pin shorting method that works on some models but not the 620, Typical.

The old master unlock software available dosn't work on newer models and I'm a bit unsure about using egay.

would be interested if you get anywhere.

as soon as me mate comes back online i'll ask him, i'm sure this is what he was talking about one day.....

Everytime I see a thread like this I go off searching for updated info. I can't believe how much time I've spent searching for a solution and the things still a bloody doorstop. Don't want to use it for parts its a lovely looking laptop!

After a further read Looks like the 430 can't be shorted like the 620, but I'm a glutton for punishment and am still reading.

Back