Asus PC lost password change boot order question

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've a PC here off a relative ASUS Tower CM1735-Windows 10 but when I go into the bios and boot order there's only 1 selection Windows boot manager (hard drive listed)
I was going to use Hirens either from a CD or USB to delete old password but I can't get to change boot order, how do I change it to DVD drive or even USB ?

Not sure about Asus, but a few weeks back someone gave me a Tower to sort out with an unfamiliar BIOS, and i too had a similar problem. Firstly i had to change the BIOS to advanced (from simplified) then after a bit of confusion, i noticed that if i clicked on a specific area, there was a sort of hidden option to scroll down to the relevant setting.
(Hope it may help??) :)

Ok thanks, I've been at it now for an hour I'll look again

found this its a laptop but will probs be the same setup for your bios ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and found this

To change boot settings:
1. Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing and holding F2 key when powering on.
2. Switch to “Boot” and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled.
3. Switch to “Security” and set “Secure Boot Control” to Disabled.
4. Press F10 to save and exit.
5. Press and hold ESC key to launch boot menu when the Unit restarts.
6. Option to boot from DVD/usb/other device listed.
*if CSM is greyed out - set secure boot to disabled, save and exit - boot back into bios and then change Launch CSM to enabled.

Thanks but this is a ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility and I'm in EZ mode.
Theres a Boot Priority were you can drag the dvd drive in front of the UEFI but the DVD rom ain't showing .

I've done exactly what dar did, messed around and clicked on something and it appeared , please dont ask what I've not a clue lol

Back