Dead Hard drive

eder

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Hello All, My hard drive just died today after a windows uptade, had Dell on the phone with me and they confirmed my hard drive went down. I had just a folder full of pics from my new born baby there that I REALLY want to save! How can I do that? Dell will send a new HD for me on Tuesday then I'll have 5 days to try back-up whatever i want before send the faulty HD back to them...could any one help me with this?!

Slow uploading m8 about 15 mins left as soon as it's done will post the link

nice one..thank you...I have done all those steps on the site that v14 gave me...just need to copy the whole cd to the usb then job done...I can go home and see if I can save all my pictures!

job done guys! gonna go home in 15 min and try it out! i'll let you know how did it go...thank you very much for all help and your time...

no just extract the biggest file to the usb drive and boot into it

hello the good new is I could restart my computer in safe mode through the usb with network and saved all my pics on my external HDD, just a question now...when I reboot via the usb do I what options should I select to repair the HDD so I can star the windows as normal?

hello the good new is I could restart my computer in safe mode through the usb with network and saved all my pics on my external HDD, just a question now...when I reboot via the usb do I what options should I select to repair the HDD so I can star the windows as normal?

Need a bit more info m8:

What OS.

Is it a restore disk or a full version of windows

Back