Dbox2 - running the Dreambox N2 Hypercam fix for Ireland

I just edited the start_neutrino file in /etc/init.d like so:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
The bit in red is the bit I added,probably not exactly the correct way but hey it gets the job done.

Ouch! That IS dirty, Wiz! You're totally overriding what the SoftCam Menu and miniops start section are doing, m8.

If you select mgcamd in the Softcam Menu under the blue button, then mgcamd should start. It also paints a zero-byte 'marker' file named .mgcamd in the /var/etc folder. On a dbox restart, the miniops start command in start_neutrino then starts the correct emu according to which cam marker is found in /var/etc

Either delete your mgcamd line and try it over again, checking that the softcam selection touches the correct file into /var/etc - or disable the miniops start command with a # in front of it. As you have it at present, you could in fact (and probably are) be running mgcamd twice in memory, LOL!

Cheers- AL :)

I know its very dirty AL but mgcamd wouldn't autostart once I removed the 7 day sectionsd and replaced it with a standard one?
Good point about putting a # in front of miniops but I was afraid it might disable something else.
Will have a play at what you suggested m8 and post back.

Edit:Had a quick look in var/etc and its not creating the .mgcamd file,gotta go will play later ;)

Last edited:
anyone know where to download the N2 Dreambox ireland fix or if it still works?

Back