DBox 2 & Sky

Hank1234

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone got any information on the compatibility between Nokia / Sagem DBox2's and S** or S** +
Anyone know anything about these boxes. I'm running a Linux Sporster image

All help appreciated.

i'm not sure if the card reader on the dbox supports NDS m8 as dboxes are now nearly 10 years old,maybes someone with one can confirm

only find out if u try....

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Anyone got any information on the compatibility between Nokia / Sagem DBox2's and S** or S** +
Anyone know anything about these boxes. I'm running a Linux Sporster image

All help appreciated.

Better off grabbing a satellite Dreambox mate and use CCcam, it'll read and update your Sky card no problem.

I'm not sure wether the old Dbox2 can read and write to a Sky card, probably not.

Clone satellite Dreambox's can be gotten for as little as £70 including delivery.

I must be a total dip-shite, can someone please explain why would you buy a clone DM500s for approx £70 when you can pick up a second hand S** STB on ebay for less thats 100% guaranteed to work with your free to view card.

Or have I missed something here?

I'm 90% sure no one has ... worked out how to ... Evaluate S** without a subscription.

Can someone enlighten me? PM if appropriate.

Convert

Of course you can just buy a setup box off ebay and and stick you card in and get it paired. This reason you would buy a dm500 etc is theres more fun to be had and there is more satellites out there the 28.2. So maybe the op wanted just to use one box for all.

Si

Last edited:
Hank am pretty sure you can get CCCam working on a dbox2, never tried it myself (never had a dbox) but seen it mention alot. You will find some joy on the german boards.

Si

Last edited:
SiKinn, OK, I get that.

So my next Question is how good is the tuner (sensitive) compared to the old Pace 2600C1 (For use in Cyprus)

Convert

OK Thanks PinkHelmets, I have a 2600C1 ready to go. Next time I fly out there

Convert

Back