Dbox 2 problem

freestyle

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
My nokia dbox 2 works fine for a while then just freezes. When rebooted is comes back with error channel not available. If you leave it a few hours it works again. Guessing it may be a heat related problem although it does not feel particularly hot. I know we are in the final weeks before N3, just wondered if anyone has experienced the same problem and found a solution.

i have had same problems with nokia,s and sagems, try a different patch that has always worked for me, i have used these boxes for 6 years now and for me when the tuner is on its way out the screen starts to get green lines all over it ,if you havn,t got any green lines on the screen check cables make sure none are loose ,if not reflash and try a different image ,,worth a go

Thanks for the advice. Tried a few different images with no joy. No lines or similar problems, works fine for a while then just dies. Does not pick up any transponders once down.

Had problems with lines in the past and a new image or installing my backup has always worked. Think as IANB said, my tuner is on the fritz or some component is overheating and failing.

Thanks for the advice. Tried a few different images with no joy. No lines or similar problems, works fine for a while then just dies

Just check through the slots if the board is covered in dust. If it is take the cover off and vac it off. You could also try leaving a fan blowwing on the box to see if it lasts longer before dying.

Update
Took the cover off and cleaned the dust away and looked for obvious dry joints or overheating probs. Put back together booted up, fine for an hour. Then it froze, in the sense that the menu etc. would not work. Still showing the channel it is stuck on (don't want to switch it off untill prog has finished) This means the tuner is still working right? as the channel is still playing.

ive had x2 of them boxes tunner went down on both of them

Never had any problems with any of mine. Sounds as though it would be worth trying a new image, commando 12 would be good.

Back