dbox 2 can i flash it without connecting to tv ?

2primo

Inactive User
Reaction score
dbox 2 can i flash it without connecting to tv ?

some how i ended up with a dbox 2 so sort out for a bud !! sagem x1

Now its been sometime since i messed with a dbox and whilst i think i can rem how to get an image on using Flash FXP but im sure you have to select/load the image you have just put on there via the remote and if i recall the box is unplugged the image has gone ... now this would not be a problem if i had a laptop or a pc near the tv but i don't ...
so is there any way to do this or is it off to maplins for a long lead lol

thx
sorry 4 dbl post i 4got about this section....

It's no problem to do this using the screen on the dbox (assuming its a good screen and not all stripes!!). I had to do this for my mate recently as his box had a dodgy network connection. I tried on direct to the pc and managed to get it to transfer but then couldn't risk unplugging it and moving it to the tv, so did it with the remote.
Depends on your image exactly what you need to press to get to the flashing part, but it's pretty straightforward. If you let me know what image it is I'll try and remember exactly what the sequence of key-presses is to make it a little simpler - although if you've done it before I'm sure it'll all come flooding back.

yeah, if u are going to flash the ftp this way then you will need it connected to tv to make sure you know what menu's you are in as all images are layed out slightly different, surely it would be easier to move the tv to the pc. or you could flash using IFA and you wont need to be connected to the tv

Last edited:
Just use IFA, from dbox change gateway ip to your router and then connect your dbox to the router and connect your null cable in use IFA and it will flash like a star.

Also, if you ftp in then load the web interface, you can on some images select remote and OSD, works like a charn ;-)

As was said ifa, but I've never had to change settings on the dbox as ifa works by listening for a dbox to connect on the network (doesn't matter about ip's etc) and then pushes the image on to it

THANKS guys i will read up on this IFA moving the tv nr the pc is a no no its big an bolted to the wall lol
ive yet to boot the box so i dont know whats on there will do this and update my post
thx again

Back