DB 7025-S Newbie

Ivorbigun

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All, I have ordered a 7025 S which I hope will arrive before the middle of next week and would appreciate some help. Will stillabrummie's sticky of 11 september for the 500 be OK are are there major differences with the 7025 in terms of setup and programming ?. I am told I will need a Mgcam , where will I get one from and what image do you recommend?
I have been using a TM1500 for a number of months but still experience problems updating keys and unsrambling channels etc. particularly with Premier,TPS and Tequilla and other film & footie progs. Also I now only have two TPS channels where I used to have several even though I have rescanned the satellite.. I propose to connect the Dreambox to the network, will it be easier to manipulate than the TM ?. I know it will probably be simpler once I have the DB in my hand but I would appreciate any prior assistance and preparation anyone can offer. I have already downloaded the manual.Many thanx.

People will recommend different images and different cams too, but its all personal preference. Personally i would recommend a Gemini image with cccam, or mgcamd. The cams you can download by using the blue button on remote- once you have the box networked and with internet connection.

As for ease of use.... in figures 1 to 10 with 10 being easiest and 1 being hardest.... The Technomate 1500 would score a definite 10 and the dreambox7025 would no doubt score a 1, they really are different ends of the scale!

You wont really be able to learn much until your box arrives, but this may help-
1) Connect box to dish and tv, scan and check it works.
2) Connect box to pc network and update with new image.
3) Set up to personal preferences, scan all channels required.
4) Download a cam emulator by onscreen menu.
5) Load latest keys.

Thats the basics :)

Back