David Beckham

Ok lets look at it this way, you play for a club from ur young days and you give it everything, you play for your country and give your best and they both throw it back at you. from what i can remember, beckham was englands best player for the past ten years. he always pulled us out when we needed it, but the fans never stopped going on his back, newspapers always slagged off his family. He could have come to the premiership and tried to resurrect his career. but what would have happened? his family would have got stick, he would have got stick, cos he knows he aint as good as he used to be, he would get no support. so he has thought about himself and his family. in the states he will be loved, his talent will be appreciated and his family will be loved. he's got the chance to earn big money so he's taken it. can you people honestly say if you had the chance you wouldnt take it?

personally i hated the guy cos he was a man utd player and im and arsenal fan. plus cos i thought he was a chav, but the past few years i respect the guy and i think good on him. good luck to him. if anyone deserves a big break like that its david beckham. he may have the money but over here, he never got the respect he deserved.

how the wrages break down

128million over five years
25.6million every year
492.307.69 every week
48.84 every minute
81p every second

totally agree with you.

most over rated player in football. he aint worth that amount of money.

He's not over-rated. Who can pass a ball as good as him ? He can make a 60 Yard pass fall right to the other players feet with pin-point accuracy and is awsome at free-kicks.

Not his biggest fan but don't think England should have dropped him, many a time has Becham bailed them out with a free-kick or assist in major games. Not that i really care.

Good on him, Would you turn down £70,000 per DAY ?

NO-ONE WOULD !

yeh wouldnt had missed it for my life...
81 p a secondis not bad
i would be aiming at something just a bit more like 99p
lol...

personally i hated the guy cos he was a man utd player and im and arsenal fan. plus cos i thought he was a chav, but the past few years i respect the guy and i think good on him. good luck to him. if anyone deserves a big break like that its david beckham. he may have the money but over here, he never got the respect he deserved.

That was exactly the problem - He did get respect from United fans. It's just that he got no respect from anyone else. Partly because of the England v Argentina thing and partly because he was a Manchester United player. I remember standing in Old Trafford when he got a heroes welcome after the '98 World Cup while everywhere else there were effigies of him hanging and burning. I also remember that he (or more likely his wife) tried to engineer a move away from United and that he asked for a transfer to Real Madrid before United tried to sell him to Barca. Which unfortunately means that a percentage of Uniteds' support would not like to see him back at the club as they feel that he walked away after they supported him when no-one else would. He was never going to go to another Premiership club anyway, but who can blame him when that amount of money is on offer?

Beck's

i wonder how much in his whole life beck's has earned....
:england_s
i wonder if he's still good at his free kicks...lol..
: colors1

man-u

I'm a man-u supporter
i think Beckham was could no he was excellent
but in my opinion today
he has lost his touch but boy isn't that a lot of money
:THANKS:

Silly amounts of money.

I wonder if he gets anywhere near the amounts of money that the top baseball, American football & basketball players get.

As "soccer" over their isn't that big so the players in the top sports must get paid a bit more in comparison.

Just a question.

How can a club like LA Galaxy which most people had never even heard of before beckham's move afford to pay beckham 25.6million every year wages.

Just a question.

How can a club like LA Galaxy which most people had never even heard of before beckham's move afford to pay beckham 25.6million every year wages.

Their owner is rich, they get loads of cash for winning the cups over there and they have 27,000 fans paying to get into their stadium most weeks and they also rent their stadium out for International matches and as a training camp for big European teams.

All the top teams from every sport over there are rich and their players.

Just a question.

Because behind the L.A.Galaxy is A.E.G and they own more sports teams than any other single company in the world - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

But they as well as sports they do bloody EVERYTHING entertainment.... media, award ceremonies, music, stadiums, film, merchandising etc etc.

We're talking major money here... and they gonna make sure they pimp their moneys worth out of Brand Beckham.

Speaking of which, just saw Sky Sports news with Posh arriving at L.A airport and being chased by hundreds of paparazzi.

Looks like America is gonna get Beckham fever for 2007!!

Back