David Beckham Gives PSG Salary To Charity

Rumpelstiltskin.

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
David Beckham will not receive a wage after signing a five month contract with Paris St Germain, but will instead see his salary paid to a children's charity.

As the former England captain was unveiled by the French Ligue 1 club at a news conference, he described the deal as "unique".

"I won't receive any salary, we have decided my salary will go towards a local children's charity in Paris and that is one of the things we are very excited and proud to do," he said.

He added that he chose not to return to the Premier League because he would not play for any English club other than Manchester United.

Fair play to him, marvellous gesture.
HH.

Hope that generation of footballers isn't the last of it's kind, an act of human kindness is something so rare and something so pleasing. Well done Becks he is a true gentleman and the sort of role model that the game will miss if his breed dies out, I just wish he would donate a small percentage of his wealth to me :respect:

Good on him. Although im pretty sure that would make him even more desirable with the advertisers. His name rights alone will probably be worth 10 times more than what the wages would have been anyway.

Not as though the wages will be missed in the Beckham household! He will stand to make more from sponsorship than he would have from the wages anyway.
But at least he isn't being greedy and is helping less fortunate people.

He certainly won't miss the money it's petty cash to him. At least it's going to a good cause so well done Becks. :thumbsup:

he can afford it, spending £14.5k per night on a hotel room

becks all time great, shows once again what kind of a player and man he actually is

Back