CD & DVD Data DVD Ripping

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a SatNav DVD I need to rip so I can create a backup, what software would you guys recommend?

The disc may have some protection on it, so ideally a bit by bit copy would be ideal. I tried image burn but the dvd would not work when tested.

Cheers.

Nero wont do protected disks.

Alcohol 120% will, depending on the protection it may not work though as some need Alcohol 120% installed and running for the disk to work (like the stubborn protection on the UK info Disks).

sorry not good news, car satnav DVD, like game console DVD are known to be very difficult to copy due to the customisation in DVD drive used for playback. Have a look on google for the particular one you are trying to copy

It's a Honda so I can't imagine it being that protected.

Sent from my mobile device using fingers and fumbs!

I have a SatNav DVD I need to rip so I can create a backup, what software would you guys recommend?

The disc may have some protection on it, so ideally a bit by bit copy would be ideal. I tried image burn but the dvd would not work when tested.

Cheers.

I might be able to get that copy protection off for you pal, what size is the file though and can you put it up on a site like rapidshare for fast down and all that ? It just depends, I cant do it but i know someone who is into this sort of thing, you can let me know though if you like, its up to yourself.

Back