Dam N*L

sherlock

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dam N*L/ex cw they are really getting on my tits now!! Seems every Friday they have problems/with servers or are doing repairs. Again last night lost broadband.

Does every area have this problem?

It took them 3 month to get account right in the first place. Oh then i missed that bargin on ebay cause i couldn't bid. Think they will pay compen? lol:Chainsaw:

Well hope today gets better.

Rant over.

sherlock said:
Oh then i missed that bargin on ebay cause i couldn't bid. Think they will pay compen? lol:Chainsaw:

what was you bidding on.....a hacked modem or box LOL

Highlander said:
what was you bidding on.....a hacked modem or box LOL

LCD screen went for 25 quid, and was only round corner.

would only by dream from fleabay. as you never know who's watching.

That gave me a chukkle(lol)

No problems here in a PURE NTL area.

It could just be a compination of ure area and a bad line. If u have a bad line the extra people on the NET could be making power levels drop below a critical point.

Check ure power levels. ***Depending on which modem u have*** goto explorere and in the address bar type 192.168.100.1. Go to signal tab look at signal.

Mine is like this
  • Downstream Signal to Noise Ratio, +35 dB
  • Downstream Power Level, 0 dBmV
  • Upstream Power Level, +52 dBmV

Downstream SNR should be 30 dB or higher, the higher the better. (Theoretical limit of 23.6 dB as ure modem will definately not work under this.)

Downstream Power Level should for ex C&W be -6 to -3 dBmV. Should work as low as -12. ie -12 to -3.

Upstream Power Level is set by ure UBR the lower values are better. +8 to +58 dBmV is the value range. Most ISP's target values of below +55 dBmV. Anything above 58 will indicate a bad return path.

If these are ok then it could be a DOS attack. Have u annoyed anyone recently?? Someone with access to ure MAC??
If u use a router look at the logs on it. What does it say.

nar the service is sh!t, i lose connection all the time, sometimes just rebooting the box works but most times the lights out and theres no service, i had three boxes off them as they said it was a box fault, bs a box fault a service fault which they then admitted, gave me free interenet for a month and upgaraded to 10 meg for free for 3 months, end of problems? no way, gets my bill through they,ve only charged me for the free internet, does it get worse? hell yeah, not only was i charged for free internet i was charged at the 10 meg rate and to really put a spanner in the works i never even got the 10 meg connection,

there cr@p, i hav'nt jacked them yet as i never get round to it, but everytime it goes my head fumes and i vow to cancel, i think its one more outage away from being binned. im getting screwed anyways my parents are on a better package and cheaper through wanadoo so i might go with them, they,ve never had a problem and get the connection they pay for.

yup im in ex C&W and im sick to the back teeth of it always being off, i think its got summat 2 do with my modded box tho. i hate ntl, the internet is as reliable as sven goran ericssons team choices.....:Chainsaw: :Chainsaw:

Tbh m8, If I didn't have an NTL phone line I would have chosen ADSL from the start.

i wud get bulldog if i cud, but it aint in my area :(

notmeatall3 said:
No problems here in a PURE NTL area.

It could just be a compination of ure area and a bad line. If u have a bad line the extra people on the NET could be making power levels drop below a critical point.

Check ure power levels. ***Depending on which modem u have*** goto explorere and in the address bar type 192.168.100.1. Go to signal tab look at signal.

Mine is like this
  • Downstream Signal to Noise Ratio, +35 dB
  • Downstream Power Level, 0 dBmV
  • Upstream Power Level, +52 dBmV

Downstream SNR should be 30 dB or higher, the higher the better. (Theoretical limit of 23.6 dB as ure modem will definately not work under this.)

Downstream Power Level should for ex C&W be -6 to -3 dBmV. Should work as low as -12. ie -12 to -3.

Upstream Power Level is set by ure UBR the lower values are better. +8 to +58 dBmV is the value range. Most ISP's target values of below +55 dBmV. Anything above 58 will indicate a bad return path.

If these are ok then it could be a DOS attack. Have u annoyed anyone recently?? Someone with access to ure MAC??
If u use a router look at the logs on it. What does it say.

i just get a box asking for username and password for broardband webserver at http 192.168.100.1 !
any idea what should go in here ?

my ntl has been off again 2nite, just come back on now : grim :

hatab said:
i just get a box asking for username and password for broardband webserver at http 192.168.100.1 !

try "admin" for username & password.

hatab said:

Curious?? Wha modem u got m8???

I know the 3Com CMX and the Terayon modems dont have a diag page. I've never heard of one locked tho. As suggested try
  • Username: Admin
  • Password: Admin

or
  • Username: Admin
  • Password : (blank)

hatab said:

username and password are both root

davethehammer said:
username and password are both root

thanks root it was/is :proud:

its a ntl:home 100

i dont really get much downtime with my NTL sometimes if it goes down its late at night and i ju7st restart the modem

I am in 'pure' area and was constantly having to reset the modem. I rang disconnections and they gave me my 10 meg broadband free for 3 months and updated my modem to the blue 250. I have had no problems since it was installed. No bills either.

Back