D-link Dir-615.

Hi all,

Sorry but i've got a bit more info about my router!!

Which one should i put on router??

Supported by v24 preSP2 [Beta] Build: 14896 or
v24 preSP2 [Beta] Build: 14311

Both of above has the same Description

D-Link DIR-615 rev D2 Firmware: Special image for initial flashing dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin 2010-08-09 3,37 MB

D-Link DIR-615 rev D2 Firmware: Webflash image dir615d-revb-ddwrt-webflash.bin 2010-08-09 3,38 MB.

If anyone can help??

My main router is a netgear super g 108 which im running 20mb from VM. Its set up upstairs in my bedroom.

I want the d-link Dir-615 based (Downstairs) to get a connection from the Netgear based (Upstairs) so i have 4 more eathernet connections instead of running 30 meters of cables through the house. Can anyone help me what dd-wrt i need for this to work.

Many thanks if someone knows how to do this. :THANKS:

i put this on mine ,,,had to take it off again as the wireless would not work with anything ,,,

but that was a long time a go so there might have fixed that now

from what i can see you 1st flash it with

D-Link DIR-615 rev D2 Firmware: Special image for initial flashing dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin 2010-08-09 3,37 MB

then that will let you flash it again with

D-Link DIR-615 rev D2 Firmware: Webflash image dir615d-revb-ddwrt-webflash.bin 2010-08-09 3,38 MB.

looking at the date of the file i would have to say that is the same one i used ,,so it not looking good for the wireless to be working

this is what I run

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/25/10) std - build 15501

It tooks me ages to get wifi stable after messing with various settings - if you do manage to get ddwrt installed, give me a shout and I will send over my wifi settings

the best feature of ddwrt is settings up vlans on wifi and the built in vpn server connection.

this is what I run

It tooks me ages to get wifi stable after messing with various settings - if you do manage to get ddwrt installed, give me a shout and I will send over my wifi settings

the best feature of ddwrt is settings up vlans on wifi and the built in vpn server connection.

Hi ya mate,

Thanks for the info. it will be tomorrow to have a mess around putting dd wrt on the router. And would appreciate for the wifi settings.

Once router is dd wrt, i'll give you a shout.

Last edited:
this is what I run

any chance of sending me them settings please

any chance of sending me them settings please

will do

Yes done it.

I now have dd wrt on my dlink dir615.

I just need to know how to set up wireless bridge. Ready when you are Jfish:proud:

when you say wireless bridge, is that similair to WDS

as my setup is not wireless bridge, I have 2 ddwrt routers - both connected via rj45 and each router is its own wireless access point.

I can send them settings to you

will do

when you say wireless bridge, is that similair to WDS

as my setup is not wireless bridge, I have 2 ddwrt routers - both connected via rj45 and each router is its own wireless access point.

I can send them settings to you

Hi ya mate.

What i want to do is connect the router with the dd wrt to the primary router (wireless) meaning the primary is upstairs and the dd wrt is downstaris instead of running 30-40 meters of ethernet cables. I could try your settings if you don't mind sending them to me.

Check this link out Jfish.

Repeater Bridge - DD-WRT Wiki

This is what i want to do. But i'm having trouble setting it up.

You need to go into the following tabs and set as follows

in basic wireless set wifi mode to repeater bridge

then go into wds set type to LAN and set MAC address of the other router, you do this on both routers to get WDS set up

Hi ya Jfish.

Your settings look good but i didn't need them but thank you for trying to help.

I now have my router working as a bridge. My main one upstairs and its bridging to the router downstairs, so im very happy.

All i done to make this work, i followed the step by step guide but missed out the (Virtual Interfaces Section).

Here's the link if anyone wants to bridge two wireless routers.

Repeater Bridge - DD-WRT Wiki

Back