Currys / pc world why I hate you

audiobookman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We went to lakeside this evening to pick up some christmas presents for the kids, while we were there i took a look in pc world / currys. Anyways i saw the mouse that had struck my intrest a few weeks back (R.A.T 3).
After having a play i decided to get one, anyways the price was £44.99 in store.
I decided to look around first before i purchased as that seems very high price - and i was sure i saw the mouse for £10 cheaper.
I went outside and looked on my phone, correct it was £10 cheaper, in bloody currys / pc world. Now the site didnt say it was a online only price - just that is the price, so with that in hand i went back to the store and showed them THIER own online price - no dice if you want it you have to collect in store using the god damned slow mobile internet. They wouldnt even price match with thier own fooking site.....
I told them to sod off i wont be purchasing from them, even if i had to pay more its the principle.
My wife then mention argos, of we trotted £34.99, up yours pc world / currys. i wont be parting any more of my hard earned cash in your crumby stores ever again.

This is the second time in so many weeks ive dealed with dsg group in this mannor. only about 2 weeks back we went out to purchase a BIG american fridge freezer, the unit was cheaper in comet online, a little bit dearer in store (this is just over £1000 worth of kit) currys wouldnt give us the machine at the lower price, so we went to comet and got it (without pre order) in store CHEAPER than thier online price with a 5 year warrenty thrown in and free delivery!! plus i got another 10% of because i work for transport for london.

DSG group are taking the piss now- move with the times, there are many better outlets now (amazon coming to mind) and if you dont price match you will be out of the market!!!
thats better

Mate you should have reserved it for store pick up , then they give it too you at the online price

I think this is missing audiobookman's point.

It's the principal, rather than the logistics, that he's ranting about.

It's a stupid way to run a buisiness and a surefire way of losing customers.

Yet even with their inflexible shit attitude to customers they've seen off the threat from Best Buy....

This is the second time in so many weeks ive dealed with dsg group in this mannor. only about 2 weeks back we went out to purchase a BIG american fridge freezer, the unit was cheaper in comet online, a little bit dearer in store (this is just over £1000 worth of kit) currys wouldnt give us the machine at the lower price, so we went to comet and got it (without pre order) in store CHEAPER than thier online price with a 5 year warrenty thrown in and free delivery!! plus i got another 10% of because i work for transport for london.

DSG group are taking the piss now- move with the times, there are many better outlets now (amazon coming to mind) and if you dont price match you will be out of the market!!!
thats better

Could have bought the whole of comet for £2

Comet sold for £2

That's balls mate, I've bought stuff before from Currys/PC World and used that very same reason to get the item price matched. Done the same in Comet to.

That store must be full of fu**wits then.

Back