CrossEPG Issues

apcov81

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me with an issue I have. I use OpenVix on a Zgemma H1 (Virmin and Sly setup).

Every morning my box has crashed during the CrossEPG scheduled update and I have to restart the box. I though it was the image so I updated to the image 3.2.032 and I end up having the same issue. I also through maybe there is an issue with the USB drive (set to save there), so I changed this and still the same issue.

I use it for both virmin and sly epg and have the Rytec providers.

Can anyone advise what the best setup/providers are for both or something that may resolve this.

Thanks

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me with an issue I have. I use OpenVix on a Zgemma H1 (Virmin and Sly setup).

Every morning my box has crashed during the CrossEPG scheduled update and I have to restart the box. I though it was the image so I updated to the image 3.2.032 and I end up having the same issue. I also through maybe there is an issue with the USB drive (set to save there), so I changed this and still the same issue.

I use it for both virmin and sly epg and have the Rytec providers.

Can anyone advise what the best setup/providers are for both or something that may resolve this.

Thanks
Might sound daft but change the time of the scheduled update !
Maybe it's connection issues

Hi,

Thanks but I don't think its a time issue as it also happens when I manually download too after very long long wait.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks but I don't think its a time issue as it also happens when I manually download too after very long long wait.

Thanks
Oh right not good :(
Does it still crash if you set it to internal storage?
Have you tried deleting the plugin and re downloading

I've not tried to change to internal storage - although I did read not to use this somewhere. I did a different USB which did the same thing.

I haven't tried re-downloading the plugin - I just used the one in the image.

Can you advise which are the best providers to use for the epg for both virmin and sly.

I've not tried to change to internal storage - although I did read not to use this somewhere. I did a different USB which did the same thing.

I haven't tried re-downloading the plugin - I just used the one in the image.

Can you advise which are the best providers to use for the epg for both virmin and sly.
Tbh I've never messed with the providers I've just left them as they are on my image.
Yeah you're not meant to use internal storage but it will be fine for testing,
I'm wondering wether it may be your USB connection on the box

Hi,

The image requires the CrossEPG to be configured, there is nothing selected as default and you need to choose which EPG to use.

I will have another play tonight but wanted to get an idea of what to use so I can test.

Thnaks

Hi,

The image requires the CrossEPG to be configured, there is nothing selected as default and you need to choose which EPG to use.

I will have another play tonight but wanted to get an idea of what to use so I can test.

Thnaks
I downloaded one of these pre configured images as I was struggling with channel numbering so that's why I've not really looked at that.
Try doing a deep format on your drive and setting it up again it does sound like read or write errors

have you checked the crash log not sure where is would be on vix

Hi,

I think I have managed to sort the issue out. The problem was with the Rytec providers (for me anyways).

I changed the setup to use OpenTV for Sly in CrossEPG and setup EPGRefresh for Virmin.

It seems to be a lot quicker and did not crash during manual update. I left overnight for the scheduled update and this morning the box seemed to be running fine without crashing.

Thank you for the suggestions, I just thought I would put the solution here in case others were having similar issues.

Thanks

Back