Crazy JPM idea

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got two JPM "Who wants to be a Millionaire" cabs sitting in my garage, gathering dust, that I was thinking of taking down the tip, because for the life of me I cannot get them to work!

However, seeing the state of some of the cabs that sell on ebay these days, I thought I'd have a crack at Maming one of them - to see how it turns out!

So I've started to rip everything out that I don't need - I purely want an empty case and the monitor left in (both monitors seem to work fine).

I'll have to build a custom control panel to replace the bottom front of the case, and give it a bit of a spray paint. But I'm hoping it will look something along these lines:

View attachment 42820

Do you think this is a crazy idea, or worthy of a shot?

well if you dont want the other cab..

ide love to use it.. perhaps et it working or do the same mame it up

good luck either way (Y)

Funny enough Ive just picked up a Barcrest Crystal Maze cabinet - briefly got it going but the lopti for the monitor has blown so im gonna try and Mame this too!! I think its a good idea and from a few google seaches the basics look easy enough!! I like the idea of adding a custom bezel to it for effect!!

well if you dont want the other cab..

ide love to use it.. perhaps et it working or do the same mame it up

good luck either way (Y)

Might take you up on that if you willing to collect it. I do want to get rid of them tbh. I have another 3 cabs coming next month and need the space.

I have another 3 cabs coming next month and need the space.

I was wondering if you still wanted them, I'm glad you do. These ones are more working than the jpm's, one works fully for a start!

I've just got a daytona usa sit-down cab, my arcade is coming along nicely! Just need a little more space before I get more :)

Good idea for the jpm's, I bet they would sell. If not you could always donate them to a local school/youthclub/etc. But I'm sure they will sell.

Last edited:
Sure do m8. The more the merrier! I'm planning to have two Jamma cabs, at least one quiz machine, a mame machine, and either a shooter cab or driving cab - something unusual.

I also fancy getting a bar billiards table, if I can find one

I've got a projector for playing films or football events.

And that should do for me!

What happened to your cinema idea?

I'd love an old 70's Pinball machine :) Nowhere to put it though .

What a pain in the arse it was to remove the barrel locks on the cabinet, in order to strip it down!

I drilled through the barrel lock and (eventually!) it fell apart. The other lock was more difficult as it was hard to get to, and difficult to drill. So I made a custom device to get the lock off, and with a few turns, off it fell :)

So I've removed all the internal wiring, touchscreen wiring etc. I now have an empty cabinet, a working monitor, and semi-wiring to the speakers

I also removed the cabinet case to make it a bit easier to get to the second lock.

Oh and I found 30p in the coin box :)

I'll post some pics to show you the progress so far :)

I can now start building a control panel for it. Hopefully it won't look crap!

Back