Couldn't load vPlug's modules - ERROR

KingCobra

Inactive User
Reaction score
"Couldn't load vPlug's modules - plz run vPlug's installer again"

Has anyone had this error when loading vPlug 2.3.9?

I've tried this on 2 PCs - one loads and runs perfectly well, but the other just comes up with this error message on startup. Both PCs are running XP.

Rerunning the installer makes no difference.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Unistall and delete all signs of it from pc. It may be leaving a bad file from when it installed wrong 1st time and when u install again trys runing that

Unistall and delete all signs of it from pc. It may be leaving a bad file from when it installed wrong 1st time and when u install again trys runing that
Thanks for reply, but that's not it - I've done several fresh installs, all with the same result.
Vplug just doesn't appear to see the vModules directory or its contents, although I can.

As nobody else seems to have this problem, I will answer my own question for future reference.

The .mdl files require a dll called LIBEAY32.DLL which doesn't come with the application or windows, but installing it in a folder which is visible by the system ie windows/system32, everything seems to load correctly.

I still don't understand why nobody else has had this problem.

As nobody else seems to have this problem, I will answer my own question for future reference.

The .mdl files require a dll called LIBEAY32.DLL which doesn't come with the application or windows, but installing it in a folder which is visible by the system ie windows/system32, everything seems to load correctly.

I still don't understand why nobody else has had this problem.

I had the same problem. I found out that all vplug releases now only come with the updated files. files that havent changed, are not part of the release. So basically i had to find a old version of vplug that was complete and iterate through all updates since the release in release order to get it upto date.

i then found out that the 64bit version of vista requires a updated version of LIBEAY32.DLL. I would have helped you out cobra but i havent been online for a while.

Back