Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
chaps can't telnet into a device with out getting the error...

Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

according to google it says

Error while connecting to localhost: Could not open a connection to host on port 23.
Cause: Telnet Server is not configured to listen on port 23, or Telnet Server is not started.

Solution: Ensure that Telnet Server is started and configured to listen on port 23. If that is not possible, specify the configured port after the host name when connecting.

i'm lost? all ways worked and now i get that error? just used to go to run > telnet 192.168.100.1 and away i'd go.....

yeah correct ip address, i can use telnet on this machine but it's the other machine that i need to get it working on as that has all the files etc, it's a surfboard :Fish:

when i run telnet i get the box up ok,

Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Client

Escape Character is 'CTRL+]'

Microsoft Telnet>_

but on that machine when i try telnet 192.168.100.1 i just get the error above.....

Check the startup type in Services. Maybe a security update has disabled it.

What OS?

Thanks

did have a zone alarm update like and was all working before must have been that! urm it's on xp,

yeah it was disabled under services? have changed it to automatic now, will have to wait for 30 minuets as running something and it's taking ages! gawd i want a USB jtag so so bad! lololol.....

I'll report back in 30 minutes after this file has wrote!

Last edited:
ok restarted and telnet is running under services but still won't run and let me connect?

might be able to get in using hyper terminal, going to give it a go! report back

ok sorted, thanks chaps....

enabled telnet in said device and started it as a service, rebooted and away...

cheers

Last edited:
Back