Corny 1 Liner Thread

I was visiting my brother in Australia in 1997 and I mentioned to his mother in law when I got back to his house in the evening after spending the day going around Adelaide that I had seen an Abo busking with his didgeridoo. She looked shocked and said that w can't say that we have to call them Aboriginals.

A little later while watching the TV news the news reader said, "Today the Aussies beat the Pakis" by however manty runs it was at the cricket match, I almost fell of my chair :)

I was visiting my brother in Australia in 1997 and I mentioned to his mother in law when I got back to his house in the evening after spending the day going around Adelaide that I had seen an Abo busking with his didgeridoo. She looked shocked and said that w can't say that we have to call them Aboriginals.

A little later while watching the TV news the news reader said, "Today the Aussies beat the Pakis" by however manty runs it was at the cricket match, I almost fell of my chair :)
I've heard that before from Australian commentators.

I used to play snooker with a chap called Naseem. He told me that our mutual friend called him that all the time, and he wouldn't be offended if I called him that as it wasn't intended to offend.

Our friend was a big takeaway fan, the owner of his local takeaway liked to be referred to as "Jackie the Paki".

I used to play snooker with a chap called Naseem. He told me that our mutual friend called him that all the time, and he wouldn't be offended if I called him that as it wasn't intended to offend.

Our friend was a big takeaway fan, the owner of his local takeaway liked to be referred to as "Jackie the Paki".
Yep, it's about time they draw a line as to how far back these so called " racist/anti-Semitic" comments/pictures " can be dragged up from.
Times change and so do what is acceptable or not.
Don't start me off.....BBC...Why don't they change their name ? Refers to something else ! Past programs like Love Thy Neighbour and Till Death Do Us Part to mention just a couple would not be allowed now....ffs. Don't mention Robertson's Jam FFS...I'm done :rolleyes:

My old Chinese takeaway owner loved to be referred as Chongy the Chink, cracking guy, free can of coke type with every set meal for two, a dying breed 😀

Back