Copied CD-R Disc's On Xbox??..

a10rew

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, thank's for opening this Post!!...​
Right, I've just had my Xbox successfully soft-modded to play copied Xbox games - and it works!! -
- But anyway, when i burn music onto a CD-R, it doesn't recognize the disc as being either a Xbox game, DVD or a Music CD, any idea's on what the reason is or am i just that stupid to realise copied CD-R disc's can't be played on a Xbox..?

(If I can put music on via a copied disc.. i would LOVE to know!!)

If there is a way i can put music on it, then i would be able to play it when im playing a game (E.G: GTA San Andreas User Tracks)

Regards, Andréw!!.

Last edited:
Hi, thank's for opening this Post!!...​
Right, I've just had my Xbox successfully soft-modded to play copied Xbox games - and it works!! -
- But anyway, when i burn music onto a CD-R, it doesn't recognize the disc as being either a Xbox game, DVD or a Music CD, any idea's on what the reason is or am i just that stupid to realise copied CD-R disc's can't be played on a Xbox..?

(If I can put music on via a copied disc.. i would LOVE to know!!)

If there is a way i can put music on it, then i would be able to play it when im playing a game (E.G: GTA San Andreas User Tracks)

Regards, Andréw!!.

If you've softmodded it then install Xbox Media Centre and copy MP3's to the hardrive or burn them to DVD and read them off that.

The Xbox 1 can be very fussy with what CDRs it will read, depending on what drive you have in the box

If you've softmodded it then install Xbox Media Centre and copy MP3's to the hardrive or burn them to DVD and read them off that.

The Xbox 1 can be very fussy with what CDRs it will read, depending on what drive you have in the box

Cool thanks for replying, but if you wouldn't mind, would you be able to tell me / send me a link for how to Install this Xbox Media Center onto my Xbox.. and to copy MP3's to the harddrive and so on..?

(Im a complete newbie on Xbox softmodding..)

Regards, Andréw.

Cool thanks for replying, but if you wouldn't mind, would you be able to tell me / send me a link for how to Install this Xbox Media Center onto my Xbox.. and to copy MP3's to the harddrive and so on..?

(Im a complete newbie on Xbox softmodding..)

Regards, Andréw.

Xbox Scene have some really good articles for someone just starting out:

w*w.xbox-scene.com/xbox-tutorials.php

Look under homebrew software guides / mediaplayers / XboxMediaCenter (XBMC) manual/guide

Xbox Scene have some really good articles for someone just starting out:
w*w.xbox-scene.com/xbox-tutorials.php
Look under homebrew software guides / mediaplayers / XboxMediaCenter (XBMC) manual/guide

Thanks, but the problem is - the Link's dead.. thanks anyway.

Regards, Andréw!

depends on what DVD drive you have, the Samsung ones can read CDR - buit as I have one never got it to. However I know it can read a CDRW without any problems,

No it's not m8. Replace the * with a w
Posting of direct links is not allowed on this forum
-- Sorry, i should of said more clearly, when i follow the steps you gave me:
homebrew software guides / mediaplayers / XboxMediaCenter (XBMC) manual/guide...
-- The ''XboxMediaCenter (XBMC) manual/guide'' dosen't work / Load up.
Regards, Andréw!!.

Last edited:
depends on what DVD drive you have, the Samsung ones can read CDR - buit as I have one never got it to. However I know it can read a CDRW without any problems,

Yup that's right. I have a Samsung that can read CDR, and two philips drives - one of them will read CDR and one won't. I have also had another Samsung in the past that had issues with CDR. However this could have been down to the media rather than the drive

Back