coopers european lager

Magnu420

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok this is for the homebrew guru's

ive started a brew of cooper european lager after fermentation im gonna transfer
it into a keg with a tap and co2 injector,how much sugar will i need to prime the keg
according to instructions it says use a teaspoonfull for a bottle but dosent say anything
about if it goes into a keg

any ideas guys

cheers mh (pardon the pun lol),il have to get some batches of wine on go while i wait
for this to be ready (12 weeks) :eek:

has anyone brewed this coopers european lager if so what colour
its supposed to be,atm still a couple of days left and its like bitter/lite mild colour
and not a golden (i pressume golden like stella,grolsch)

Use 60-80 gr of glucose.
The beer will give out its own gas.
You only need those gas canisters if you run out of natural gas in the barrel.
Also those capsules are the dearest wat, but a hambleton bard refillable gas cylinder from your local hb shop.

has anyone brewed this coopers european lager if so what colour
its supposed to be,atm still a couple of days left and its like bitter/lite mild colour
and not a golden (i pressume golden like stella,grolsch)

mine was very cloudy also. never cleared up at all, even after bottling. it should be clear though, no idea why it went cloudy. it was the first homebrew i had tried.

it still tasted ok though. wasnt going to let it go to waste.

my second brew was also cloudy, then after bottling, it cleared over night. the sediment had settled.

In lagers i use 85gm of sugar if batch priming. I also use cornelius kegs and force carb with pub style co2 I bought a fridge to hold the kegs and mounted a tap to the fridge door. :) If your bottling i recomend using coopers carbination drops much easier than trying to get sugar into thee bottles.

thanks for the input guys

so do i need to put 60-80 gr of glucose in instead of sugar,and use the co2 gas later
on when theres no gas left from the glucose

forgot to say the instructions with this kit could be more simplier ie it gives you amount to
put in the bottles for priming but nothin about if you using a keg,also i gotta wait at least
3 months before its properly matured :eek: i cant wait that long lol
il have to get some more wine on go

Last edited:
thanks for the input guys

so do i need to put 60-80 gr of glucose in instead of sugar,and use the co2 gas later
on when theres no gas left from the glucose

forgot to say the instructions with this kit could be more simplier ie it gives you amount to
put in the bottles for priming but nothin about if you using a keg,also i gotta wait at least
3 months before its properly matured :eek: i cant wait that long lol
il have to get some more wine on go

Ordinary kitchen sugar is finee for priming it wont affect the beer in anyway m8. You can use glucose if you want to but ive never noticed a difference myself.

Back