spiked coopers draught ale

jondoe

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
well i thaught id try adding some wash (undistilled alcohol) to some of my draught ale. so when i was bottling ale i set aside a few bottles for experementation.... i put about 2 inch of wash into bottom of 500ml black sheep bottle then topped off with draught ale.. left to condition for about 4 weeks.. so i thaught id give it a try so i had a bottle and tasted just like draught ale so i opened bottle 2 and had barely drank a mouthfull and the gibbering twat appeared.. suddenly i remembered that the wash was around 20% abv..

i wonder if the 20% wash plus the 8% draught ale = 28% abv or if its just 20% abv beer, either way its a good mellow feeling and would rather drink this than a spirit..

gonna try this addition with the coopers canadian blonde thats nearly ready too bottle..

ok so for those that may be interested for the wash i used this Still Spirits Triple Distilled Turbo System Clear Carbon Yeast
and ran it through a carbon filter twice. of course this makes 23litres of 20% abv alcohol which has a purpose,
enough said about that.

but some can be kept back for experementation and so far it tastes good

I'd have to look into blending a bit more, calculating the final ethanol volume isn't straightforward :).

Some information here:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Maybe you could look up wine fortification and use the calculators and formulas?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
cheers for the links. interesting stuff

Back