Coolman EPG wont load

Fano

Inactive User
Reaction score
Coolman epg ,i.e Cool Tv guide no longer loads on my DM800 running Dream Elite Phoenix v1.33.
It was working perfectly for months until recently.
I was using v4 as anything newer wouldnt work as the image doesnt support it.

When I try to load the Cool Guide it pops up for a split second then it disappears and wont load anymore.
I have tried v2 and v3 but they all give the same response,it loads once then it wont load anymore and when I press the red button (long) nothing happens.
Its very strange ,has anyone else encountered this issue ?

Hi,

Changing from the default skin has been known to cause issues with some routines, that is certainly the case with some folks when trying to scan satellites.
This is a long shot perhaps but did you change the skin before you noticed that Cool TV went belly up ???

Thanks rodboy ,that is a good suggestion.
I wasnt running the default skin so I switched back to it and uninstalled any other skins.
It made no difference unfortunately though.

I also uinstalled CrossEpg and reinstalled it to see if that would make any difference but it didnt.
I even tried an older backup I had from the start of the year when Coolepg was running perfectly and it doesnt work either.It pops up for a split second then it disappears and wont load anymore.
I'm stumped at this stage.
Hi,

Changing from the default skin has been known to cause issues with some routines, that is certainly the case with some folks when trying to scan satellites.
This is a long shot perhaps but did you change the skin before you noticed that Cool TV went belly up ???

I have just installed v5 to test,dont use it normally,and its working fine on my dm800se running an OpenPli based image,
so not sure why it wont work for you m8 tbh

I have just installed v5 to test,dont use it normally,and its working fine on my dm800se running an OpenPli based image,
so not sure why it wont work for you m8 tbh
It wont work on the older enigma 2 images like Dream Elite Phoenix,something to do with the version of Python I think.
Perhaps its time to upgrade.

if it was a python issue, then you would get the error 'bad magic number' and it wouldnt start at all, as its starting, then vanishing, it must be conflicting with something else you have installed m8

if it was a python issue, then you would get the error 'bad magic number' and it wouldnt start at all, as its starting, then vanishing, it must be conflicting with something else you have installed m8

Yes Digidude ,its not a Python issue.
I have the problem with older versions of Coolman epg v2-4 ,v5 wont be detected after install so its no use on Dream Elite Phoenix v1.33
Can anyone recommend a better newer image for the Dm800 .
The image I currently have is very stable and everything works bar Cool Tv guide so I might just make do with it.

I've been running DreamBoxUK v2.1.2 since about April I think
on my dm800hd (clone) & it's been very stable

the DW image of course :)

nice and simple, and stable, and it works :)

Coolman epg ,i.e Cool Tv guide no longer loads on my DM800 running Dream Elite Phoenix v1.33.
It was working perfectly for months until recently.
I was using v4 as anything newer wouldnt work as the image doesnt support it.

When I try to load the Cool Guide it pops up for a split second then it disappears and wont load anymore.
I have tried v2 and v3 but they all give the same response,it loads once then it wont load anymore and when I press the red button (long) nothing happens.
Its very strange ,has anyone else encountered this issue ?

It looks like Coolman may have put some kind of expiration routine in some of his binaries, and as you know CoolTV v4 was the last version to work on the 2.6.18-7.3 Kernel. Use CoolTV v2.2.2, it still works on the older kernel including Dream Elite Phoenix v1.33.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V2.2.2_all.rar
    326.8 KB · Views: 8
It looks like Coolman may have put some kind of expiration routine in some of his binaries, and as you know CoolTV v4 was the last version to work on the 2.6.18-7.3 Kernel. Use CoolTV v2.2.2, it still works on the older kernel including Dream Elite Phoenix v1.33.

Thanks Silsila .I had already tried CoolTV v2.2.2 but it gave the same result.
I think I may be better off just reinstalling the image from scratch and see if I can get it to work .

Update:
I installed CoolEpg v2.2.2 tonight and it bloody worked !:Bounce:
Good spot Silsila ,not sure why it didnt work the last time but its working fine now.

Back