Contributing Members

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Digital World Members

Digital World will be moving to a dedicated server in the next month, moving to a new server means that we will have an a huge amount of space to let DW grow - as you can see the cover site is not available because of this and we suffer from slow capped bandwidth.

Also it will be costing us alot more because we need to build are own server and have it hosted here in the uk (redbus or telehouse), we will be building a very powerful server which will contain 2 x Xeon 2.4 or above and it will be connected to a 100Mbps switch directly to the Linx (UK's biggest internet connection in london).

but we want to also offer contributing members incentive to join:

what contributing members get
  1. 30 - 50MB of Digital World Mail ([email protected])
  2. 50 - 100MB of your own personal webspace
  3. fast FTP access
  4. Access to the contribution area (downlads etc)
the biggest benefit above all them is you are helping us

FACT - we are the friendliest forums of our kind on the net, we need to build on our standards now instead of standing still while everyone else moves around us.

We are not asking for monthly subs or huge cash amounts and if you dont want to contribute then we understand, for members who want to help us grow we would ask just one yearly contribution would be fantastic (explain more below).

First Year
It will cost more than all years to come because we need to make this server once this server is made it is Digital Worlds and it belongs to us... meaning we wont need to build another :)

COST - between £15 - £25 Depending on how many contribute

Second Year
The costs will drop down alot because we have our server in place we just need to pay for our internet connection

COST - between £5 - £15 also depending on how many contribute

basicly the more people involved the cheaper it will be for everyone !!!
for the price of a packet of crisps a week we can make this place gr8

We have had 47 elite members already offering to contribute already in the last 5 days

if you would like to show an interest in joining the contribution scheme please leave your name below, and i would like to thank you personally in advance for taking the time to read this announcement.

Regards
Mickie D and the DW Team

evening all,
you can add my name to the list--just let me know how to contribute--Being disabled I dont have very much but dw is welcome to what I can afford to keep the forum in place
cheers and a very happy Christmas to everyone
big-arth

i tell you what big-arth i know how much you love the forums and i have had a bit of work come my way l8ly (only a bit lol)

i will be more than happy to shout your contribution as a christmas pressie :) under your circumstances !

as mickie says there are almost 50 mod's and elite members ready to make a contribution and with the help of you guys that are willing to add to the list the more fantastic features will be added to the forum . as we know this is already the best forum of its kind but with the setup mickie is talking about it will will be by far the most feature packed powerful forum there is . we are aware that there will be some members that due to financial reasons will not be able to contribute but the more names we get the lower the yearly contribution will be .It will be less than buying a couple of daily newspapers a week and i think you will agree the the new's and information on this forum is worth a great deal more than that .And with your help it's going to be a lot lot better..

just thought it may be easier to add you name like this to the list
bcm2001
big-arth
Delster
cykeman
gmac
unreliable1

bcm2001
big-arth
Delster
cykeman
gmac
unreliable1
Scunner
Garngadblue

bcm2001
big-arth
Delster
cykeman
garngadblue
gmac
unreliable1
Scunner
mickbrush

please let me know when and how to pay. It will be a pleasure.

bcm2001
big-arth
Delster
cykeman
garngadblue
gmac
unreliable1
Scunner
mickbrush
earl grey

you can count me in just let me know how much
I would also like to wish everyone on this forum a very merry christmas and a happy new year. meckie.

Back