Android Continuing saga M8 & T8

idrob

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the M8 back to the nice people, he listened to my story patiently, he said let’s have a look, took it behind a screen, 10-15 minutes later brought it out and said it’s all fixed now.
I said can I change it for a T8, he said the t8s are reserved for online only and that they don’t have any in stock for the shop, so I got my money back went home and ordered one online, with an extra £8.45 next day delivery before 1pm
We shall see if I get it tomorrow!
True to their word the T8 arrived less than 24 hours after the online order, they even gave me a free Bluetooth mouse to go with it.

The mouse only works if you place and move it on top of the T8 box, if you take it off the box, it will not work no matter what I do.

The original remote works but you have to have the patience of a saint, not very responsive.

When I set the box to 4k, it keeps switching back to SD, I’m not at all impressed with this T8, I think the M8 was a better machine if it wasn’t faulty.

I don’t know if I should go back to the shop on Monday or just put it down to experience.

Does anybody have any suggestions or know how to get the mouse working?

If I were you I would have no more dealing's with that shop. Get on ebay and get one off there, as you shouldn't be having these issues.

If I were you I would have no more dealing's with that shop. Get on ebay and get one off there, as you shouldn't be having these issues.
I wrote them a letter to give them one more chance to resolve these issues, let’s see if and how they respond.
In the meantime I suppose I should look for another source.

Credit where credit is due, I may be having some issues with these people about the hardware but as far as the contents are concerned, we haven’t used any other receiver since we got these boxes.

Here is the response from Droidsticks

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience. There is no reason for the box not to work.
It sounds as though there may be a compatibility issue with the TV
rather than the box itself and we cannot foresee this as we do not test
the tvs only the boxes. In regards to the mouse as stated it is free and
worth $2 so we do not foresee a prolong use of these. The standard
remote will have basic functionality as this is a standard remote for
the device. We do advise the use of a wireless remote for better
functionality. It sounds as though you may need to return the box for a
refund if you are unable to get the 4K to function.

Thank you

The conclusion:
After I visited them in their shop today, although they are very friendly and do genuinely try to help, the t8s bought from droidsticks although advertised as 4k ultra hd, when set to “HDMI auto detection” are not capable of detecting anything above 720p-60hz, not even 1080 let alone 4K.

From experience there are far too many android based devices that are shipped in bulk from China with generic roms with Xbmc just stuck on and people think everything will work perfectly.

As we all know there are bugs and improvements to be made in all electronics.

I've tried many android devices and settled with an arc4

Does everything it says and works consistently.

Why 4k anyway? Nothing streams in 4k online and with 8k tv's being released this year I don't see much point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I got this TV just before Christmas, I became aware of what clarity can be had from a 4k television.

I noticed that SD on this TV is crap, 720 is good viewing, 1080 is excellent and 4k clarity is incredibly crystal clear.

So, why not 4k?

Back