iPhone Confused iPhone 4

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4, which was bought in Portugal, and is locked to TMN, the local network. No problem there, as that's the network I use.
The problem I have is when I try to download (or even update existing) app's via iTunes. I get the message "Your account is not valid for use in the UK store. You must switch to the Portuguese store before purchasing."
Now I wouldn't have a problem switching, except that I don't know how to change it! iPhones seem to make it difficult to find, let alone alter their settings.
It's not the end of the world, as I can still download & install using the PC (using my UK account), but it would be nice to be able to do it straight from the phone.

Can you not set up an account with the uk store?

Thanks Biffo, that makes sense in an iPhone-sort of way, I was trying to change settings on the phone, it looks like it's the account settings I need to change. I'll let you know how it goes.....

Last edited:
Arghhh! I hate things that are supposed to do stuff automatically but don't!!
I've checked my iTunes account, it is set up to the Portugal store (PT address, credit card etc.) yet the phone still tries to access the UK store.
I'll try Apple's, site, I did get a quick answer there before. I'll let you know....:err:

All sorted now I hope? But did you buy it new? I only ask because Im going away in a week and was hoping to pick up a iphone 5 aboard on the cheap

Yep, working fine, thx. It was 'almost' new when I got it, it was sold as faulty by a shop that had gone t*ts up, turned out it was a loose battery connection and a faulty speaker, prob the best 45€ I've ever spent :)
Good luck finding a cheap 5, beware of fakes, some of them are incredibly convincing! Oh, and careful not to get hit for duty/VAT when you get back!

Back