Configuring xp for gaming

gasman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Can i configure my pc to start with limited processes running so i can get the best from my games. I know I can shut down all my programs via task manager but can i create lets say a profile that will load automatically when selected and be ready for gaming without the fuss of shutting everything down manually. Then i would like to be able to revert back to all programs running for web browsing etc. I realise this will require a reboot and thats fine but it's the manual shut down of all tasks i seek to avoid.
Thanks in advance MRP

start button then run type msconfig press ok, the click on the startup tab then uncheck the boxes of anything you dont want to run on startup, click apply then restart.

then click the box that says dont show this message again then ok.

done

start button then run type msconfig press ok, the click on the startup tab then uncheck the boxes of anything you dont want to run on startup, click apply then restart.

then click the box that says dont show this message again then ok.

done

Cheers mate im already familiar with that just wondered if i could profile my pc to start with nothing running but whats needed for it to breathe.

what games do you play and are you experiencing slowdown while playing?

you can start your pc with no programs running atall with msconfig, just dont go surfing without your av and fw running.

maybe just get some more ram, it's dirt cheap these days

there are versions of xp configed for serious game play, they have had all the crud taken out and run lean and mean. just get your self an internal caddy and new disk, have you gaming system on 1 disk and "normal" system on another disk, its only marginally longer to down and swop drive as it is to reboot.

in fact ive seen a version of ms2003 server that has been stripped and so the text goes because it deals with memory better than xp it runs much faster than xp too.

in fact ive seen a version of ms2003 server that has been stripped and so the text goes because it deals with memory better than xp it runs much faster than xp too.

That sounds interesting actually, wouldn't mind giving it a go myself. Was it on a torrent or newsgroup?

That sounds interesting actually, wouldn't mind giving it a go myself. Was it on a torrent or newsgroup?

its on torrents if u put in "eXPerience Edition" and look for 2003 server it will be the 1, if u cant find it or there are no seeders i could upload to RS

its on torrents if u put in "eXPerience Edition" and look for 2003 server it will be the 1, if u cant find it or there are no seeders i could upload to RS

Hi mate, could you upload it to RS please?
Cheers.

you could try this if you can get hold of it

29m1tfl.jpg

What's Up, folks?. It's probably the best windows XP for play games... and propably you are asking, why?
Let me u explain :
• Windows Extreme Gaming only use about 37MB of Ram Memory (30MB If u terminate explorer process before play a game), after the second start when It completes all the changes. Worshippy
• Are updated to the last SP3, fixes an usefull updates. Worshippy
• Already have a SATA Drivers Pack that is loaded before the windows install process, so u can forget all the problems with ur SATA HDD. Worshippy
• The OS size is about 200MB, only. And 100MB of applications. There are availeables from the Booster menu.
• Is still necessary activate the Windows Installer MSI Service before install a games. Start -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Windows Installer -> Start. (Right click, properties, automatic. If u don't want repeat all the steps again).

Booster menu includes:
• DirectX 9 - 10 Redist June 2008
• Live Messenger
• Xfire 1.79
• TeamSpeak 2 Client
• VlSTABoot PRO 3.3
• Hamachi
• RivaTuner 2.09
• Daemon Tools 4.12 Lite
• Safari 3.1 Portable
• CPU-Z
• Choose the 2nd Level Cache, from 256KB to 64MB. (prepared for 8 core Intel CPU) Worshippy
• EGE Booster: You can roll back all service settings to the second reboot system.
• Red/Internet Fixer: Able all the necessary services for connect to Internet or a home network. When you don't need internet/red services any more, you can revert all the changes from EGE Booster.

.If someone used Suricata OS Extreme Gaming in the past, well, this is a hot update.

• This OS can be installed in any PCs from a Pentium2 or K6 to the last Quad 2 Core PC. But, it was optimized only for play games, so don't install this OS in a Pentium 2, a lot of windows components were removed, I repeat, it's only recommended for play games (on-line, on-lan or off-line). For example. Crysis, Bioshock, Mass Effect...
• The best way to configure your PC is making two or more hard disk partition, one with your favourite Vista OS for web browsing, MS Office, and all the tasks than you do every day. And other partition with Windows XP Extreme Gaming Edition for play your favourites games.
• Don't matters if you have installed Vista, you can install this OS after and run the VistaBoot Pro 3.3 to fix the OS Screen Boot.
Code:

Back