Configuring CCcam correctly

Liam1611

Inactive User
Reaction score
Evening guys

Now as some of you may or may not know I have setup a Linux based server running Ubuntu 9.04 with CCcam 2.1.2.
I am basically looking for some tips on how to get it all configured properly, how to filter dead and old cards as I am now re-sharing what I have with other people. How to get the ecm's on all my cards as low as possible so nobody experiences the dreaded break-up, do I need to block emms from my clients?
If anybody can help me either in here or via messenger means it would be appreciated and I would be more than happy to add you to the server. I am currently pulling in over 2000 shares which is a ridiculous amount and it seems to have ballooned very quickly indeed without me even knowing a great deal on what needs to be set up for my local cards.
So if there is anyone out there who is a CCcam Guru or who knows how it all works more than myself it would be greatly appreciated and I will return the favour.

Thanks in advance

Liam

2000 cards is ALOT..lol i take it your not using the minimum downhops=1 varible in the cccam.cfg if you do are you taking all 5 hops?

Dont take any emm from any clients only yourself or someone you know needs to eem the card to give it updates, that all depends on what card it is though.

let me know if you have minimum downhops=1 in your cccam.cfg because this will help us to let you know whats the best route to strip the server down a bit.

Si

I don't have any 5 hop cards mostly 2's and 3's and its over 2000 when I reboot the server and after a while it settles down and I end up with over a 1000, I guess I must have talked to the right people or I have bitten off more than I can chew. The latter I think, anyway I am running ITV Partner, Digitalb, Sky Italia, Private Spice (for testing only) and Sky Germany Betacrypt Sports package only, all locally and I am trying to get this cccam config file working with them all but ITV partner breaks up all the time as well as Digitalb.
Do you suggest I have minimum downhops only on my clients or the shares going out to the other servers as well (who I assume are looking towards re-sharing my cards?)
I've uploaded a copy of the provider list coming in and it has a number of old and fake cards. I would like to know how I go about filtering these out, and what limitations I can put on client F: lines and also the limitations on the cards coming in?

Thanks in advance

Liam

At the minute you are seeing all the cards that you peers have, the issue you have is that you are using a pc based linux server so the cards you see may not be actually resharable. Meaning the server sees them but cant use them so setting minimum downhops=1 in your cfg will removes all the cards that are not shareable.

A pc linux server takes one hop from what someone gives you for example if i give you a cline which only allows only you to use my cards. Once you place that line in your pc linux server its no good becuase server uses the 1 hop i gave you. To overcome this you need to tell people you are using a pc linux server and you need a few more reshares, the standard is usually 2 which gives you viewing like below -

'reciever' -- 'mate1' --- 'mate2

But on a pc linux server you get

'Linux Server' --- 'mate1' --- 'mate3' (You cant use the server to view so you loose it)

Do you use PHPinfo on your server? i highly recommend you do, this will tell you what cards are available at what hop to what peer it is alot better than the 16001 webgui becuase it logs the ecm usage which is a must when running a server like you are doing.

Also is the serve in a VM or on a dedicated box?

When running a server its not the amount of cards you actually have its the quality of the cards and at what hop you recieve them. Do you have a decent local yourself that you are sharing? if yes you aim is to get hop1 of all the main providers, if no well you need to learn how to filter the cards and only take the best cards from each peer. Let me know which an i will tell you how.

hope this helps you out a bit

Si

Thanks Si it has certainly given me some pointers in the right direction, especially with PHPinfo, and will install that today and see what the results are with regards to cards coming in and ecm times.

You also asked
Also is the serve in a VM or on a dedicated box?
My 5 cards are connected to a dedicated PC server using Infinity Smarts and 1 serial smartmouse.

And I understand that the server takes 1 hop from all the cards coming in because it has to resend that information back out, so for sending the info to my clients I need to be looking at cards coming in from a minimum of 2 hops away.

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Liam

P.S. @ Danjel the providers list is the complete list of all the providers that are coming in and not the amount of shares. The providers will have duplicates of the same card coming from different sources and total over 2000. The providers list basically tells you which providers you have access to and not how many cards/shares are available for each provider.

with 5 cards mate you really want to concentrate your efforts on only using local cards from your peers these will show as hop1 in phpinfo but like you say hop2 from the recievers

Anything you get from your peers that is not physically in the server/reciver are known as virtuals. The reason people dont want these so much is that you could find them disappearing now an then.

For example if a peer gives you 2 reshare value to his local you are guaranteed to have 3 slots on that card as long as it is in their machine alive, but for a card that is not his local someone furthur up the chain will have more reahare rights to that card than you so when it has its quota of reashares you are not guarenteed access to it..

Hope this doesnt sound like a rampling mess its hard to explain, especially when english wasn't my best subject at school.

Si

Ok so I have managed to get PHPinfo installed on the server and its telling me a lot more information than the webinterface was doing. What am I looking for with regards to ECM times, providers entitlements etc, etc. I seem to have a lot of providers which don't allow re-shares. If you could let me know what I am looking for or if you want to look at the info yourself then please let me know.

Regards

Liam

Did you use

MINIMUM DOWNHOPS : 1

in your cfg this will remove all the non sharable/userable cards. This will give you a good indication of whats on your server.

What you doing when you add a peer? testing? laying out your config?

Si

Hi Si.

Sorry I've not replied to your post recently as I have been rather busy sorting things out. I will come back to you in the next few days with more questions no doubt. I appreciate the help that you have given me and didn't want you to think I was blowing you off (oooeeer sounds a bit ghey).

Cheers for the help so far.

Liam

Back