Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Commando 14.5 DM500

Thanks ive flashed it already and seems to be working fine just 1 thing what will happen to the epg if i change the local channels to my own ?

Thanks ive flashed it already and seems to be working fine just 1 thing what will happen to the epg if i change the local channels to my own ?

"For useful tips on how to customize your C14.5 reflash to YOUR local area, please look at:/var/etc/regional_channels.txt for some time-saving hints 'n tips. Either by FTP view, or in Tuxbox Commander, where the doc is easily readable."

just installed this... again works a treat.. thanks to the ukcvs guys :)

SGTFlipFlop Bouquets work well with this image and the EPG works.

just for info here's what ive done.

1) edit SGTFlipFlop bouquets with dreamboxedit and saved

2) loaded the saved SGTFlipFlop bouquets into dreamset (services file) and simply 'save as' 'Neutrino (services.xml)' ** Saved to a different folder not SGTFlipFlop folder**
the save as also saved the bouquets.xml file

3) ftp'd to the 500s /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/ and backed up the original services.xml and bouquets.xml just in case :)

4) transfered the new dreamset services.xml and bouquets.xml to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/

5) rebooted the 500s

6) blue button (commando epg wizard) > blue button (getepg stream epg wizard) > blue button (load getepg right now) and waited the few mins it takes

all done... job's a good un ;)

DIGG3R- I'm sure LraiZer mentioned somewhere along the line that once you've FTP'd the new neutrino formatted flipflop services and bouquets over, you then need to carry out a Scan with bouquets - update set in the scan menu. Only then will flipflop be 100% compatible with GetEPG.

BTW, did you like our screenshow during GetEPG manual load via the wizard GUI? Only cosmetic, but what the hell?

Cheers- AL :)

I did read that mate yes... As it is (without rescan) its only missing a few chans on the epg.. Nothing major to be honest. But i will do a rescan with update tonight and see if it gives 100% epg.

The slideshow while updating epg made me chuckle. ;)

I must say, these commando images are by far the best 500 images ive ever tried... Everything just seems to work as it should!!!

With the new epg and being able to add sgsflipflop or rats bouquets its even better.

Great work!!! keep it up!!! :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

somebody should upload some video of the new image in action with the get epg feature running...

it's difficult to describe how good it is.. :)

Al - just an update mate.
Ive rescanned the box with bouquet update on and its taken out all of the flipflop bouquets. all it left was the interactive bouquets, like slyi and bbci.

just uploading flipflop again as i type :)

cheers
DiGG

Ive rescanned the box with bouquet update on and its taken out all of the flipflop bouquets. all it left was the interactive bouquets, like slyi and bbci.

cheers
DiGG

looking forward to loading this image and to get an epg working on a 500 would be great.hopefully it`s not too complicated to get the flip flop boquets working for me lol

cheers
DiGG

Neither the SgtFlipFlop nor the DreamboxUK Database bouquets are ever 100% accurate, so LraiZer has invented a new tool called AutoBouquets which is, as it grabs the latest data from the 28.2ºE satellite stream itself, and only takes a few minutes.

Do not unzip the attachment, just FTP it to /var/etc 'as' update.zip and then reboot your box. AutoBouquets will self-install on the restart, including the necessary chmod 755 permissions for LraiZer's new scan.start script in /var/tuxbox/config

There is a comprehensive readme in /var/etc which can be viewed via FTP or with TuxCom. Please have a thorough read, and make sure you follow his instructions to the letter!

Have fun- AL :)

Attachments

• Autobouquets_update.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 53
@ Al: im stuck at no. 4 and 5 mate,

4) Press "Restart EPG" in Service menu to accept this change

5) Wait for "reloading channel lists, please be patient..." popup message
letting you know that currentbouquets.xml has been created in /tmp
This file can take 2-3 minutes to create, so please be patient!

i dont get any popup??? but the currentbouquets.xml IS in /tmp?

cheers

I gave it a test run yesterday morning, before sharing here, and definately saw the "reloading channel lists" popup. Maybe you blinked at the wrong time, LOL! Not to worry, if /tmp/currentbouquets.xml HAS been created, then proceed to the next steps in the sequence.

Cheers- AL ;)

No popup here but it did work. I must have missed it.

Bouquets updated, regionals set to london.

I tested this a month or so ago.. This one works better as it arranges the actual bouquets and not just all new chanels in one folder within the bouquets.

Next step, for the script wizard, is the regionals :)

Again keep up the great work. Its appreciated by all !!!!

"so if i run the auto bouquet once a month say..
it will update all the channels, put them in the correct bouquets and the grab epg wizard will all still be correct?

doesn't really get any better than that....

"yay""yay""yay"

No popup here but it did work. I must have missed it.

Bouquets updated, regionals set to london.

I tested this a month or so ago.. This one works better as it arranges the actual bouquets and not just all new chanels in one folder within the bouquets.

Next step, for the script wizard, is the regionals :)

Again keep up the great work. Its appreciated by all !!!!

That is an idea that LraiZer already has under development, m8!

The only minor flaw I found with his AutoBouquets on testing is that we get a BBCi Interactive bouquet, but not a Sly Sports Interactive one. LraiZer explained this is because no bouquet exists for these channels in the stream.

However, all is not lost... The SS Interactives will be found in the 'Other' bouquet (as they are detected from the myservices.xml file), so it'll only take a minute in Bouquet Editor to create a new bouquet for these channels and move them into it.

"so if i run the auto bouquet once a month say..
it will update all the channels, put them in the correct bouquets and the grab epg wizard will all still be correct?

doesn't really get any better than that....

"yay""yay""yay"

Not quite, m8. If anthing has changed, then you might want to Autogen a new epg mapfile from the EPG Wizard GUI after the Scan update has finished.

first thanks to all for this gr8 image ive got cccam in and working all was looking good till i tryed to convert my sgtflipflop list save Neutrino with my local channels in then i lost all epg data lucky ive back it up b4 i started messing with it so aa bit more reading and i will hav a nothing go as the epg look gr8 on it

ps paphosal the Autobouquets_update file to go in var ect does it desapear when done like the others b4 of does it stay in there cheers tony

first thanks to all for this gr8 image ive got cccam in and working all was looking good till i tryed to convert my sgtflipflop list save Neutrino with my local channels in then i lost all epg data lucky ive back it up b4 i started messing with it so aa bit more reading and i will hav a nothing go as the epg look gr8 on it

ps paphosal the Autobouquets_update file to go in var ect does it desapear when done like the others b4 of does it stay in there cheers tony

it seems to dissapear mate... and leaves an Autobouquets_readme.txt file

Back