Commando 12 - the final showdown

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its you who needs to go and get your eyes checked
I gave him the links to newtuxflash tools and the LHC image to open in newtuxflashtools to get the ucode from
no were in the thread has it been said to open c12 with newtuxflash tools.

Sorry, thought this was the C12 Feedback thread- and your link to LHC was, shall we say, rather vague? Anyway, it's been established that the ucode he was chasing was in the C12 image all the time, so let's just drop it, eh? In any case, the specsavers smiley wasn't even pointed at you, was it?

The more peeps that know that TuxFlashTools and Image Converter will NOT work on C12, the better. Particularly the latter, as an IFA session awaits if you try...

:)

Sorry, thought this was the C12 Feedback thread- and your link to LHC was, shall we say, rather vague? Anyway, it's been established that the ucode he was chasing was in the C12 image all the time, so let's just drop it, eh? In any case, the specsavers smiley wasn't even pointed at you, was it?

The more peeps that know that TuxFlashTools and Image Converter will NOT work on C12, the better. Particularly the latter, as an IFA session awaits if you try...

:)
How can i drop it when you put a ? on the end of 2 of your sentences:err:
i was just pointing out your mistake like i am about to again lol
You are correct it is the c12 feedback thread but zad asked a question
that he wanted to try a different ucode without having to flash C12 on

i answered it by giving zad a link to newtuxflash tools and a link to an image with the ucodes in even though you correctly pointed out afterwards the C11 has them in also
how is that being rather vague as you put it?
also your comment about newtuxflash tools gave me the impression someone had suggested opening the C12 image with newtuxflash tools i was just stating no one had suggested doing such a thing and thats why i said you need your eyes testing:)

Last edited:
Vague, as in the very first mention of the LHC image not being until your post #19.

It is also worth pointing out that none of the files in /var/tuxbox/ucodes require any chmod treatment. None of them are executeables, and all work perfectly fine with the default 644 attributes.

Cheers- AL :)

Vague, as in the very first mention of the LHC image not being until your post #19.
I gave him a link to a image in post 13 to get the ucodes from, there was no need to mention what image it was as it plainly tells you what image it is when you click the link unless you need your eyes testing....only joking Al:)
anyway back on topic thanks Al and renny for all your work i will have a try of it when i get some spare time.

Now now guys come on I got sorted thanks, I was silly in not pressing the button in the first place no need to fall out over a couple of ? is there....

on a lighter note helium makes your voice go all funny!

Put this on my mates box, which always seems to struggle with new images for some reason. But this felt really smooth and seemless. Never got much time to have a mes about with but another good release.

Cheers

Been using this image for a week or so now & it's perfect & improves on C11, coming out of standby used to take a while, now it's like lightening.

All the plug-ins work as they should, the epg options work very well i've been using 4 day & the epg has been spot on.

Whoever did the boot screen wants shooting :p :Laugh:

All round a very good image much appreciated :)

We could shoot AL , but I suppose it would be more constructive to keep him on the Team, :proud:,

Can anyone come up with a new boot screen for TC, to be possibly included in the next image

Al is much to valuable but must admit I did jump back when I 1st saw the boot screenon the image.

I did do some stuff re images a long while ago, thanks to the old image school, but got part way through when hell broke loose and it all disappeared. Anyone around to point me in the right direction to have a go again it was kind of interesting?

Manual Update to version 12.1.2 - 01 March 2010

Fixes:

1) New zapit by Cydine and LraiZer; Fast or BruteForce Scan with VM-style Bouquets now fully compatible with the new Channel Map being introduced UK-wide. (Still works correctly in areas not updated yet, don't worry).

2) Revised cables.xml to grab some missing pr0n channels. (thanks to AlcoholJunkie for the heads-up on this issue)

Instructions- the simplest EVER, included in a readme. This manual update is for you guys who cannot, or will not, connect your C12 dbox to the web. For those who have- just click on 'Online Updates' in the System Menus, and hit the red button!

The updates are compatible for both 1x and 2x boxes. But they are for Commando 12 only, and NOT for peeps still running C11.3.11 or earlier!! Reflash with Commando 12 please, then update...

Manual update available for download in post #1 above :)

Ive flashed commando 12 and updated online, brute force scan gets nothing

Also tried Virgin+3.0 again updated online, brute force scan gets all channels but only FTA work (even after applying real_magic files and CHMOD to 755)

I live in the Huddersfield area what am I doing wrong?

:flock2:

Ive flashed commando 12 and updated online, brute force scan gets nothing

Also tried Virgin+3.0 again updated online, brute force scan gets all channels but only FTA work (even after applying real_magic files and CHMOD to 755)

I live in the Huddersfield area what am I doing wrong?

:flock2:

in you real magic files, did you have 3 folders or 2?

Last edited:
Step by step this is what ive done;

1.flashed Nokia Dbox2 with Virgin+3.0 image
2.Changed network settings on Dbox2
3.Updated Image online and waited for Dbox to restart
4.Set my location for fast scanning to west yorkshire huddersfield
5.FTP'D magic files using "File Zilla" and CHMOD "lib" and "var_bin_emu" to 755
6.Ran a Brute Force scan and found all channels and radio stations

But after all that i still only recieve fta channels, am I missing an important step?

well if you have ftp the 3 then it should work, but your area could be now N3. Have read through the threads and see if its went. Your steps look fine.

Back