Cobra ode almost ....

Oh ****, This should be my lucky day they delivered the wrong cable ..... I'm missing the FFC Cable, 60 Positions, Opposite side... They deliverd 2 FFC Cable, 60 Positions, same side. AAAAARG

Give me a minute i might have one in my stash.

Just opened 2 new packets and there`s none in them.

Do you have the new revision board 4.20 without the 2 side switches on?

Oh ****, This should be my lucky day they delivered the wrong cable ..... I'm missing the FFC Cable, 60 Positions, Opposite side... They deliverd 2 FFC Cable, 60 Positions, same side. AAAAARG

Last edited:
If you have the new revision board 4.20 , the cables are the same side contacts , there`s the 1.4 installation manual out now , i take it you have the 1.3 manual.

Nope, no luck I have 3.00 revision.. , I have contacted the dealer , they will sent me the cables (60 opposite) for 10€.
So what s what you I Won't use with my Fat 60gb . some sata stuff ?

Does the cobra pcb have switches on either side?

The sata QSB , the small board you solder on to the mobo on the slims and super-slims.

Nope, no luck I have 3.00 revision.. , I have contacted the dealer , they will sent me the cables (60 opposite) for 10€.
So what s what you I Won't use with my Fat 60gb . some sata stuff ?

Yeah I know about the 4.2 and same 60 cabling... but no luck 4me.
I have rev 3.0 and 2 switches at either side on the board, the only thing that matters to me is the Pata switch. as i have cechc04 60 Gb

To inform you all : (and yes I'm 2 lazy to take pics and so on and a ruler, I have better things to do with my time .. :) )

the dealer mailed me this :
Subject: Cobra-Sales.com - Order confirmation

Hello,

If that's our fault, you could get them for free but you have to prove
it. We check each package to send the good cables.

We know some other resellers send 4.XX cables with their Cobra ODE 3.00.
For this, we can send you both 60 positions cables (1 same side contact
and 1 opposite side contact) for 10€ without tracking and for 15€ with
tracking. Shipping is 24h in Belgium.

yeah well anyway

Sata Qsb
Msg me yr adress , y can have it4free. I will post it 2 you. no problem

Last edited:
Your in luck mate , just found the cable you are after , you send the qsb and i will send you the cable if you are happy with that.

Yeah I know about the 4.2 and same 60 cabling... but no luck 4me.
I have rev 3.0 and 2 switches at either side on the board, the only thing that matters to me is the Pata switch. as i have cechc04 60 Gb

To inform you all : (and yes I'm 2 lazy to take pics and so on and a ruler, I have better things to do with my time .. :) )

the dealer mailed me this :
Subject: Cobra-Sales.com - Order confirmation

Hello,

If that's our fault, you could get them for free but you have to prove
it. We check each package to send the good cables.

We know some other resellers send 4.XX cables with their Cobra ODE 3.00.
For this, we can send you both 60 positions cables (1 same side contact
and 1 opposite side contact) for 10€ without tracking and for 15€ with
tracking. Shipping is 24h in Belgium.

yeah well anyway

Sata Qsb
Msg me yr adress , y can have it4free. I will post it 2 you. no problem

Status as far : Waiting for 60 pin opposite cable :). Anyway, I'll keep you informed. I must say the installation so far on a cechc04 phat 60gb was very easy.
The only thing that i found not very clear was the documentation itself to be found on the cobra-ode site.
As always the public community is far better at pointing out how to :
- open up yr ps3 (very important !)
- do the cabling, be carefull for certain things do's and don't
- different version pcb : 3.0 and 4.2 and cabling that is different
- alrady had a peek at how to run an iso with cobra on original ps3 firmware. (4.1 in my case)

QSB arrived today , thank you. Your cable should be with you soon wolftje.

Status as far : Waiting for 60 pin opposite cable :). Anyway, I'll keep you informed. I must say the installation so far on a cechc04 phat 60gb was very easy.
The only thing that i found not very clear was the documentation itself to be found on the cobra-ode site.
As always the public community is far better at pointing out how to :
- open up yr ps3 (very important !)
- do the cabling, be carefull for certain things do's and don't
- different version pcb : 3.0 and 4.2 and cabling that is different
- alrady had a peek at how to run an iso with cobra on original ps3 firmware. (4.1 in my case)

Cable has arrived from dealer (anyway, it is better to have some cabling extra ! ;) ) @ dave, any chance pointing me out towards a good site for downing ISO ?
So the installation was really easy on a phat 60gb. I think on other models it will be more difficult when in need of soldering the board

They are small soldering points but if you use a good flux it`s ok , i use newsgroups wolftje.
Cable has arrived from dealer (anyway, it is better to have some cabling extra ! ;) ) @ dave, any chance pointing me out towards a good site for downing ISO ?
So the installation was really easy on a phat 60gb. I think on other models it will be more difficult when in need of soldering the board

Yeah so far so good.
I have tested :
- 7gb Iso Ico / shadow of the colosus HD Edition
- Journey special edition (with flower and flow) 7 Gb Iso
>>> They all worked without any problem ! (not like JB iso and patches ...)

Al you need to do is using the Cobra ps3geniso utility pointing towards the PS3game which has been unpacked and let ps3geniso do it's job.
I have yet to find a game which doesn't work ...

Owkay that was the easy part, the horrible part was getting my external USB2.0 (Sata) harddisk to work.
FAT32, it worked as a charm with a single usb cable - no extra power-.
But when formatted in NTFS (for iso file bigger than 4 Gb) it just didn't want to work. the drive would not even start....
- How do you solve this ?
>>>You need to be at minimum mcu (firmware cobra ode) 1.8
>>>The NTFS format should have a clustersize of 4096 Bytes instead of the old 512Bytes. I had to use Acronis Disk director 11 Home editon(download it free) and a key from serials WS as it is only supported by the PRO edition ...
>>>> Since there was already a lot of DATA on the harddisk I could not format it but i had to convert it from fat32 to NTFS with clustersize 4096Bytes (4Kb)
>>>>After this i had to connect the extra Usb cable to the front port of the PS3 60Gb phat in order to give it more power.
>>>> All booted well and the cobra manager was finaly there ....

Anyway, very good support from cobra sales ( here in Belgium, admin if y want to remove this DO so) and easy setup/installation/configuration.

Oh yeah and dave, thanx for sending me the cable 60 opposite !

Last edited:
I use an old mini-usb phone charger that plugs into the electric socket , then into the mini usb on the cobra back plate , saves having a cable hanging out the front of the ps3.

A quick Update,

when you have made an ISO with ps3geniso and the game starts up with this error 80010017 it means that there is something wrong with the eboot.bin . Do not panic. There is quick and easy way to fix that.
you download isotools to verify the eboot :
iSOTools v1.33
most of the time the eboot signature will be invalid/fail
Fix Eboot for cobra ODE
download Download ODDE Eboot Resigner :
ODDE Eboot Resigner
fire up "runme" and choose 1, be sure to have put yr eboot in that same folder where runme is.
> auto-resign finished
> Put the Eboot.bin back (/USRDIR) (or check it again it with ISOtools to be 100% sure)
'again' make the ISO with ps3geniso, Game should start now.

I have done this for PS 3 Diablo3 Duplex version in order to get it running on CObra ODE.
(Diablo 3 BLES01921)
You can find the good eboot in att. for those who need this.

Attachments

• EBOOT.rar
    5.9 MB · Views: 1
Hi dave,

in reply of your remark concerning the external USB power (travel) adapter.
I have the following problem that my NTFS formatted 80Gb USB external Drive is not recognized at start.(When it is in FAT it works always ..)
As Dave stated I use now an external USB travel adpater to give enough power to the drive( and thus not using Front USB port of PS3)
But even with external power mostly the drive is not recognized by Cobra-Ode when starting up(Cold).
How DO I solve this.

I start up the PS3 with the cobra-ODE (in EMU mode of course) without the USB drive attached. Then When the ps3 is started , I connect the USB drive which loads the cobra-ode db and cobra-ode iso.
Then it says the cobra-ode firmware is corrupted.
I do PS3 software shutdown and start with controller.
Then It all works for the rest of the day.

I think it is a problem with cobra-oda hardware version and NTFS ? (not 100% sure , just guessing here)

Not sure what the problem is but there`s a new firmware update out now (1.9) along with a library and manager update but i think it`s just for PS1/PS2 iso playability , no harm in trying it though.

Hi dave,

in reply of your remark concerning the external USB power (travel) adapter.
I have the following problem that my NTFS formatted 80Gb USB external Drive is not recognized at start.(When it is in FAT it works always ..)
As Dave stated I use now an external USB travel adpater to give enough power to the drive( and thus not using Front USB port of PS3)
But even with external power mostly the drive is not recognized by Cobra-Ode when starting up(Cold).
How DO I solve this.

I start up the PS3 with the cobra-ODE (in EMU mode of course) without the USB drive attached. Then When the ps3 is started , I connect the USB drive which loads the cobra-ode db and cobra-ode iso.
Then it says the cobra-ode firmware is corrupted.
I do PS3 software shutdown and start with controller.
Then It all works for the rest of the day.

I think it is a problem with cobra-oda hardware version and NTFS ? (not 100% sure , just guessing here)

as it turned out, the new cobra manager together with mcu 1.9 could not read my ntfs formatted drive anymore...
As stated the new mcu 1.9 should solve the compability issue with different clustersize formatted harddisk...
after a new format of the hd drive (with default settings, not the suggested cluster 4096bytes (4k) settings) the harddisk could be read again.

Also I noticed an improved speed reading performance with Diablo3 (12Gb Iso)

Back