Coax Cable clamp

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a coax cable and a SMA connection on it. Unfortunately I can not get the connection to be secure and it slides off. I can not use the clamp that comes with it as it is slightly too small to go over the cable.

I want going to get some jubilee clips and use them to secure it but the smallest size i can find is too big. The coax cable has a diameter of about 6.5mm.

Could anyone recommend a method to secure the connection to the cable. This cable is used for my home internet as it is connected to my 4G router so it is important it is pretty secure.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-07 at 13.41.42.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-07 at 13.41.42.png
    284 KB · Views: 14
Probably going to cost £20 from Uncle Bezos for a crimping tool.

As i dont actually have a clamp that will fit over the cable even if i had a crimper I would not be able to crimp it.

I dont think these clamps that came with it are actually for Coax cable as the diameter of the clamp is the same as the coax cable itself if not slightly smaller.

I figured a workaround.

I got an f connector and cut off the nuts side. I then have a clamp than can go over the connection and cable. I put it on and used a vise grip to clamp them together. Its pretty secure so should do the job.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-07 at 14.07.24.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-07 at 14.07.24.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back