cloud ibox 2+ & picons

rago

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks just after a little it of help with my cloud ibox 2+ (open pli ) i have only had it a couple of weeks and was wondering about installing rats picons. I have looked at my files in DCC and cannot see anywhere to place them also when i search for rats picons online i get so many files im not sure where to begin really hope some kind person can set me on the right path

Thanks rago

You need to create folder called, "picon" wherever you wish to store Rats picons.

Options are generally:

"/picon" - picons are stored on the box itself
"/media/hdd/picon" - picons are stored on mounted hdd
"/media/usb/picon" - picons are stored on mounted usb stick

So to store picons on box then create directory called, "picon" in main/root of your box ("/picon").

Then once you have 5 useful posts you can download Rat's Picon updater and install it on your box.

Last edited by a moderator:
so if i put a folder on the external memory stick named picon i can drag the picons to that then set the path to it and it will find it an display the picons. And also i have looked for rats picon and updater on here but there are so many updates i not sure which to grab. ( sorry for being a pain but i`m a total newbie when it comes to these boxes )

Yes, create a folder called "picon" on your usb. It should be in location, "/media/usb/" then "picon" so it ends up "/media/usb/picon".

If, you don't have a hdd attached then location could be "/media/hdd/".

Once you have created the picon folder then install rat's picon updater (link in my previous post) and it will automatically find picon folder and install picons there for you.

thanks for all you help ketmp will give it a try after the football

sorry 1 last question which picons do i download there seems to be so many and where do i place the picon updater on the box or on the memory stick in the picon folder

You don't need any existing picons in place so long as folder exists. Rat's picon updater will find picon location and install picons there automatically.

Download Rats picon updater (see my first post in this thread) and FTP this "/tmp" and using telnet session (or something similar) type:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Restart your box and in plugins menu, you should find Rats picon updater listed. Just run that and it will install picons for you.

thanks for this ketmp think i have it worked out now

You could of just installed

Rats picon updater plugin this would download and install the picons providing there is a picon folder somewhere in the file system of your box.

ok done everything im meant to but when i go to plugins for rat`s updater it`s not there so dont know what im doing wrong

ok done everything im meant to but when i go to plugins for rat`s updater it`s not there so dont know what im doing wrong

FTP to the tmp folder and intall via telnet with this command

opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Did you get any messages after installing plugin via telnet command?

Reboot box then FTP rats updater to tmp folder again (overwrite if necessary) but try this telnet command:-

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

sorry ketmp cant see your telnet command says i dont have enough posts

think i may of sorted it using the command opkg install /tmp/*.ipk just got to wait until wife stops watching tv so i can run it but its there in the plug ins menu so thank yo all for the help

ok so i did everything right rats plugin find picon folder downloads the picons everything seems right just no picons showing just a rat showing on a black back ground also now only half my epg is showing anyone know what i did wrong

Back