Clone 800HD Assistance

porche944

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been using an original DM500s for some years now and know my way around the system.

I'm now looking to get a clone DM800S.

Having looked around the forum I see that clones have two "different" types of software.

Can some just clear up this confusion and where to get the modified software.

One last thing can I still use the "normal" DreamUp and FlashWizardPro 6.3?

Thanks.

You don't need to use either application for upgrading your box. I also recently upgraded mine to an 800.

I used the web method for changing the firmware.

ie:- Connect the box to the local network. Power on, and keep the power button pressed. This will get the machine to boot so far, and show an IP address on the display. Use a pc web brower to connect to the IP address shown, and then use your file browser to update firmware across your internal network.
This method has worked everytime for me.

Clone boxes use 2 types of chips to circumvent checks. The website you choose to download your "modified" firmware will depend on the chip you use.

You don't need to use either application for upgrading your box. I also recently upgraded mine to an 800.

I used the web method for changing the firmware.

ie:- Connect the box to the local network. Power on, and keep the power button pressed. This will get the machine to boot so far, and show an IP address on the display. Use a pc web brower to connect to the IP address shown, and then use your file browser to update firmware across your internal network.
This method has worked everytime for me.

Clone boxes use 2 types of chips to circumvent checks. The website you choose to download your "modified" firmware will depend on the chip you use.

Thanks for the info.

Can please elaborate on the "2 types of chips"?

Do I have to open up my box? Which chip am I looking for and how do I identify the chip type.

Thanks.

Your supplier should be able to tell you which chip is installed. Sorry. I don't want to talk about the chips themselves, in case I get banned.

Why would you get banned ?
The chips...are actually SIM Cards like moobile phone SIM cards, they sit on the main board in a SIM card holer, if you remove the top cover of the box you'll see the SIM in a holder in on the main board tol left hand of the box behind the front display.

The 2 most common types on newer clones are Sim 2.01 and Ferarri SIM. Theres currently no siginificant benefit of owning either SIM. However historically Sim 2.01 has always been first to release new patches and updates.

When you 1st switch the reciver on you should see on the OLED diaplat a message telling you what SIM and bootlaoder it is.

Current latest bootlaoders are SIM 2,19 SSL 76C and Ferarri 76FFv3.

Dream have are currently releasing new images with extra protection and new drivers which diont work onclones regardless of which SIM you have..a of yet neither SIM team has released a patch or bootloader to circumvent these new protections.

RamiMaher has a released a few new patched images with new drivers....Watch this space...

You may find chineese clone manufactures start to slow down support for DM800HD clones as they try to push the soon to be released DM500HD clones..

No problem, I understand.

If I flash the wrong image can I recover the dm800?

thanks.

No problem, I understand.

If I flash the wrong image can I recover the dm800?

thanks.

Yes you can recover the image with a patched version of dreamup and a null modem serial cable,.

Why would you get banned ?
The chips...are actually SIM Cards like moobile phone SIM cards, they sit on the main board in a SIM card holer, if you remove the top cover of the box you'll see the SIM in a holder in on the main board tol left hand of the box behind the front display.

The 2 most common types on newer clones are Sim 2.01 and Ferarri SIM. Theres currently no siginificant benefit of owning either SIM. However historically Sim 2.01 has always been first to release new patches and updates.

When you 1st switch the reciver on you should see on the OLED diaplat a message telling you what SIM and bootlaoder it is.

Current latest bootlaoders are SIM 2,19 SSL 76C and Ferarri 76FFv3.

Dream have are currently releasing new images with extra protection and new drivers which diont work onclones regardless of which SIM you have..a of yet neither SIM team has released a patch or bootloader to circumvent these new protections.

RamiMaher has a released a few new patched images with new drivers....Watch this space...

You may find chineese clone manufactures start to slow down support for DM800HD clones as they try to push the soon to be released DM500HD clones..

Thanks for the info.

Like I said in my fist post, I have been playing around with the DM500s and dbox2 for some years.

I wanted an upgrade so I tried the OpenBox - didn't like it. Probabley because it was not the same as the DM500.

So I switched to the DM800s.

I just need to get my head around how things work on the clones so I don't waste time and effort.

Thanks again.

Back