Climbing frame/swing plans

afterhourz

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm looking to build a climbing frame/swing out of tanalised wood, 3" posts/ 3x1" planks etc. Any links to plans for ideas,thanks

If you look on binsearch there are plenty of woodworking posts.

TBH, for my project I had a look around some garden/playcenters for ideas then just used my common sense.

I'll see if I can post some pics later.

Last year I build a small 'a' frame swing with ladder out of tree support posts and an old high chair seat.
I've been looking around the web today and have a basic idea...
Square tower with ladder entry,slide exit and maybe a firemans pole
on the side.Crossbar onto 'a' frame with 2 tyre swings etc
Some pics would be cool, thanks

Thats exactly what I had in mind...Prices aren't bad either as a wave slide costs about £100 on its own !

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

How about something like this,

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TP-Slide-Extension-TP-Climbing-Frames-/110671243282?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Outdoor_Toys_ET&hash=item19c4852812]TP Slide & Extension for TP Climbing Frames | eBay UK[/ame]

I ended up getting a metal TP slide and swing set for £50 off ebay though obviously it really depends if you can find one locally and you will need a estate or something as the the slide is 3m long.

I seperated the swings and put them one side of the garden and put the slide on treehouse that I built though I could have had them connected. Make sure you get one with the extension else it can be a few inches drop off the end of the slide which is not nice.

Prices are for parts/accessories only,timber is extra.

Been looking these at these for ideas > http://www.blacksheepplay.co.uk/

I only need to buy the swing corner £40 from them,a used slide from ebay. I can improvise for the hangers/seat etc

I'm going to plane up a piece of tanalised softwood to see if its comes up good enough to use as its much cheaper than the hardwood

Last edited:
Aside from upright posts which I used 4x4, I've built most of my stuff from sawn and treated 2x4 I got from local timber yard. Think it was around £1.50 a meter back then. There was no need to plane or sand it, it was smooth enough.

Yeah I was thinking of 4x4 for 'a' frame/crossbar and 3x3 for tower legs then 4x2 for floor/walls etc...

Just wonder if I could do away with the 'a' frame square bracket and use a good old woodwork joint

Thanks for the input guys :)

Back