City make shock Berbatov bid

waynemcfc

Inactive User
Reaction score
City's offer for Berbatov is reported to be in excess of £30million and would set a new British transfer record.

The Bulgaria international has been a target for Premier League champions Manchester United throughout the summer, but City have now stepped in with an audacious last-minute move.

Berbatov has been left out of Juande Ramos' plans for the club's last two matches, with the coach feeling his presence was a disruptive influence on the rest of the squad.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admitted at the end of last week he was unsure if the deal would go through before Monday's midnight deadline.

But talks between the two clubs were believed to be ongoing as the clock ticked down.

However, City have now joined the race and are looking to hijack the move, having earlier sold Vedran Corluka to Spurs.

The news comes on a dramatic day at Eastlands as Abu Dhabi United Group say they have completed their takeover of the club.

Looks like Spurs have confirmed the bid and Bruce will meet Berbatov later to finalise.

Looks like Spurs have confirmed the bid and Bruce will meet Berbatov later to finalise.

you mean hughes??

Im pretty sure berbs wouldnt wana move to city, however i could see it going if Utd or any other big club dont make a move coz ramos has basically blamed berbs for spurs' poor start possibly leading to beakdown in comms and their relationship. apparently there's quite a bit of unrest in dressing room with berbs and rest of the squad. could also be a reason to wind fergie, since he's really got up levy's ass!

Or the more plausible reason for bid being accepted is that levy wants utd to stump the asking price bcoz berbs is defintely not interested in a move to easstlands.

Last edited:
And apparently Mark Hughes is out playing golf. Something tells me that he will have nothing to do with who they sign and only expected to get results with the players he gets to work with. Just like Chelsea. It's football gone mad!

Man City - The New Owners

was just watchin that on sky sports news .. strange time to play golf

if real have put in a bid and its higher i suspect he will probably end up at Real Madrid

He is just another football mercenary..o.k he knows where the goal is but this is all about money (imho)

City's offer for Berbatov is reported to be in excess of £30million and would set a new British transfer record.

The Bulgaria international has been a target for Premier League champions Manchester United throughout the summer, but City have now stepped in with an audacious last-minute move.

Berbatov has been left out of Juande Ramos' plans for the club's last two matches, with the coach feeling his presence was a disruptive influence on the rest of the squad.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admitted at the end of last week he was unsure if the deal would go through before Monday's midnight deadline.

But talks between the two clubs were believed to be ongoing as the clock ticked down.

However, City have now joined the race and are looking to hijack the move, having earlier sold Vedran Corluka to Spurs.

The news comes on a dramatic day at Eastlands as Abu Dhabi United Group say they have completed their takeover of the club.
http://www.setantasports.com/en/Spo...ts/sport-space/football/great-britain-locale/
berbanalex-1.jpg

:proud:

Last edited:
He is just another football mercenary..o.k he knows where the goal is but this is all about money (imho)

If he signs for City i totally agree but if he goes to united it's for footballing reasons (champions league). Personally cant see him going to City as the big players want to play in the top four and until someone breaks into those places then Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool will continue to attract the top players and hence maintain the dominance.

EDIT: Robinho has gone to City watch your backs big four

Last edited:
blue moon ---- ---- you started singing too soon ---- you thought ya signed berbatov ---- then he told you f**k off :proud:

Last edited:
dimi is a legend

he wears a legends hat

and when he saw old trafford

he said i fancy that

he didnt sign for madrid

or city cos theyre ***

he signed for man united cos were fukin dynamite.

Sang in the style of Mandy by Barry Manilow......

Oh berbie, you came and you fucked off Man City, and I love you today oh berbie

In the style of the 90's dance track Dominator.....

I'm bigger,and bolder, and rougher in other words sucker there is no other,I'm the one and only Berbinator, I'm the one and only Berbinator

Happy days

Last edited:
Back