Citalopram Experiences

Be really interested to see how you get on yottabit. I am a Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming, similar to CBT. Its my belief that many of the treatments actually mask the problem rather than deal with it. As Wizbitt77 says, these problems are usually linked to an event in the past - most phobias,for instance, start during the ages of 0 - 7 when we absord everything like a sponge but don't have enough life experiences to put things into context. What is really frightening at 6 would probably be a non issue if it happened for the first time when we were 22. After a bad experience in early life, we then look for the next experience to be the same and we end up chaining a negative emotion to an event. It is reasonable easy to resolve the issue using Time Line Therapy or some other regression technique. I have had some good success with clients and have resolved fear of flying and low self esteem issues by getting to the root cause. Would be interested to hear other peoples views and if I can help anyone with some general advice I'm happy to help.

been through it myself

found centre focused therapy very good

refused to take chemicals as i did enough of em whilst i was a teenager

Hi yottabit
How did u get on with Citalopram did they help?

Hi yottabit
How did u get on with Citalopram did they help?

Hi there, not much difference tbh. I'm going back to the doctors soon to see what he says, maybe an increase in dosage. I did the other week try a 10mg diazapam, must admit that works instantly, but it makes me feel slightly tipsy.

Cheers,
Nick

Hi there, not much difference tbh. I'm going back to the doctors soon to see what he says, maybe an increase in dosage. I did the other week try a 10mg diazapam, must admit that works instantly, but it makes me feel slightly tipsy.

Cheers,
Nick

Hi Nick

Diazapam always worked for me but but it can be addictive most docs wont give it anymore. 10mg for Citalopram is a low dose he may increase it to 20mg.
I found propranolol works well its a betablocker and doctors dont usually mind giving it. I am currently taking Luvox (ssri) which helps I tried Citalopram but it made me worse. Sometimes you have to try few before you get the one that helps.

Good luck

James

Hi Nick

Diazapam always worked for me but but it can be addictive most docs wont give it anymore. 10mg for Citalopram is a low dose he may increase it to 20mg.
I found propranolol works well its a betablocker and doctors dont usually mind giving it. I am currently taking Luvox (ssri) which helps I tried Citalopram but it made me worse. Sometimes you have to try few before you get the one that helps.

Good luck

James

Thanks James, is it worth mentioning propranolol to the docs or not?

The diaz was prescribed by the docs, apparently its hard to get any sort of vallium prescription in the UK now. Plus 10mg of diaz is too strong to have on a daily basis lol.

Cheers,
Nick

yeh but diaz is not a long term solution as firstly it is addictive and secondly you become rapidly tolerant towards it

i was never offered it concerning anxiety due to my teenage yrs with drugs
and possible addiction

try 20mg dehydrocodiene - this stuff mellowed me out enough to sleep

as for youngsters especially men they tend to give em betablockers

how you getting on yottabit i have been taking Citalopram 20 mg 1 a day

for about 6 months now for depression anxiety Mood swings and swear by them good luck m8

Thanks James, is it worth mentioning propranolol to the docs or not?

The diaz was prescribed by the docs, apparently its hard to get any sort of vallium prescription in the UK now. Plus 10mg of diaz is too strong to have on a daily basis lol.

Cheers,
Nick

Hi Nick propranolol is worth mentioning it works pretty quick and does not cause an addiction problem like valium. The thing about anxiety if left untreated can lead to depression.

if you suffer from anxiety then it is highly likely you will suffer from depression whether mild or severe is relatively unknown

medication is not always the right treatment and everyone reacts differently to stresses in life

i personally refused treatment as i know anti depressants are addictive and rarely do cure ongoing problems - they seem artifically increase serotonin levels and once stopped a course of treatment it is 50/50 whether you are able to consider yourself cured as lot of it is down to thought patterns and emotional behavioural issues

i think suffering from anxiety just keeps knocking on your confidence and motivation to the point where you feel low & negative then comes the inevitable bouts of depression

this is where CBT comes in to reprogram your thought process & patterns

like i said people act differently to situations and some people needs meds to get them through each day whereas others just like talking

I was diagnosed with severe depression/anxiety mate. thought something was wrong physically and felt 'not there' or with it.

Hard to describe really, was prescribed Mirtazipine at first and hated it after 4 months put on 2 stone and still very anxious this was because it was an SNRI and increased norephine (something like that...lol) made me worse but i slept like a log..lol

Told Dr he put me on 20mg Citalopram (doubt 10mg would do anything tbh but they start you lower to reduce INITIAL side effects).

After 5-6 weeks felt a definite improvement BUT you must stick with them mate, i had worse anxirty at first..........

I also take 50mg Seroquel XL to slow me down as i am 100% on go/brain full speed, it's like an extended release valium for me....

Been like this for 2 years now and all is good/stable.

Try stay off/cut down alcohol is also a good tip, i was self medicating with it at first to rid the anxiety but it just got worse.

Good luck mate and keep us updated.

When i look back on how i was it's hard to see how i was functioning tbh.

:proud:

hi all
i have been presribed citalapram now for over a year. i take 20mg aday. they are doing it for me at the mo but like bilabonic said it takes 4-6 weeks for them to start working. at first they made me sick but you get used to them. for these to work you should never miss a dosage. yes it is true that alcohol should not be consumed while on this med as it is doing the opposite to what you want to achieve. would be nice to keep this thread open so we can share experiences while on this med.

cushy17

Last edited:
Yep i felt like shit at start, but you MUST struggle through the initial sides, ost people give up. I reckon 8 weeks at least.

Also cleaner diet and exercise works wonders.

Turned my life around tbh. Withing 2 year got promoted, new car, payed off house and purchased another and looking for third.

Much more positive outlook on life, only go on stupid benders very rarely as it takes me at least a week to get back to norm....lol

Back