cinavia bypass

rkeane

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys got a samsung blu-ray player with usb to watch movies from hdd
but some of the movies stop playing audio 20 mins in
cinavia kicks in................ is there a way to by pass this pain in the butt

I believe there are only 2 programmes available that claim they can remove cinavia and they are DVD Ranger and CinEx HD Utility.
I do not have any experience of them but I suspect that someone on here will have come across them, so either wait until someone can give a review of them or take your pick and try one of them.

It cannot be removed completely only as specified Bypassed, you actually need a media player that does not have the cinavia stream built into its encryption/firmware layer.

Old versions of Power DVD and TMT5 bypassed it altogether but you could not update the players themselves, A very old stock Blu Ray media player that has not yet had the Cinavia firmware update.

Hardware players are literally any box that can run XBMC/Kodi or a Med8ter Media player.

I am afraid it sounds like your Samsung Blu Ray player already has the applied firmware so there is no way of going back

AnyDVD will work fine, too.

AnyDVD HD doesn't remove the Cinavia water mark, it keeps computer Blu-ray players like Arcsoft TMT 6 and Power DVD from detecting the Cinavia water mark.
If your playing your back-up on the computer then AnyDVD HD must be enabled and the "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" must be ticked.
After that you must re-start your computer Blu-ray player.

If you burn that back-up to a Blu-ray disc and play that on a Cinavia enabled stand alone Blu-ray player, then the audio will be muted in about 20 minutes, and there is no way to get around that.
Other then playing the original disc or if your Blu-ray player is old enough where it doesn't detect Cinavia.

Personally I have a Mede8er media player and it has NO cinavia chip and therefore does not have a problem playing back blu-Ray rips & Blu-Ray ISO's.

Any media player that doesn't have the cinavia chip also cannot playback FULL Blu-ray menus as built into any menu is a check for the cinavia chip. This is a requirement from the blu-Ray organisation.

Been downloading and streaming movies for years and never even heard of cinavia. :?

AnyDVD HD doesn't remove the Cinavia water mark, it keeps computer Blu-ray players like Arcsoft TMT 6 and Power DVD from detecting the Cinavia water mark.
If your playing your back-up on the computer then AnyDVD HD must be enabled and the "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" must be ticked.
After that you must re-start your computer Blu-ray player.

If you burn that back-up to a Blu-ray disc and play that on a Cinavia enabled stand alone Blu-ray player, then the audio will be muted in about 20 minutes, and there is no way to get around that.
Other then playing the original disc or if your Blu-ray player is old enough where it doesn't detect Cinavia.

Personally I have a Mede8er media player and it has NO cinavia chip and therefore does not have a problem playing back blu-Ray rips & Blu-Ray ISO's.

Any media player that doesn't have the cinavia chip also cannot playback FULL Blu-ray menus as built into any menu is a check for the cinavia chip. This is a requirement from the blu-Ray organisation.

Thats not correct there are no Cinavia chips as such, Cinavia is a watermark encryption technology employed by mainly Sony but other studios are following suit the Cinavia watermark is encoded in the Audio track and can be enabled on any player that pays for the Cinavia encryption allowing a simple firmware update to employ it . Blu Ray Menus are Java code scripted and thats the problem with many media players that cannot run the code. The Med8ter's players as well as any Kodi/XBMC can run Basic non scripted java blu ray menus

Thats not correct there are no Cinavia chips as such, Cinavia is a watermark encryption technology employed by mainly Sony but other studios are following suit the Cinavia watermark is encoded in the Audio track and can be enabled on any player that pays for the Cinavia encryption allowing a simple firmware update to employ it . Blu Ray Menus are Java code scripted and thats the problem with many media players that cannot run the code. The Med8ter's players as well as any Kodi/XBMC can run Basic non scripted java blu ray menus

My bad, I meant cinavia decoding on a chip etc...

and I did say FULL menus, I know they can do basic menus, although this med8ter is a bit crap in that respect. I did read on the med8ter forum that the lack of full menus was something to do with cinavia also, but maybe that person was wrong.

which is probably why it has no problem playing cinavia encoded films and still doesnt do the menus.

Been downloading and streaming movies for years and never even heard of cinavia. :?

It mostly affects blu ray players that are capable of playing mkv files and streaming from network locations, it first appeared, to my knowledge, on the playstation 3. It detects whether the film is being played on a legit blu ray disc and if it realises its being played from a back up disc or usb stick, etc it will mute the volume. Its detected from the audio track of the film.

Luckily if you are watching on your computer or streaming to various media players they don't have the cinavia detection so everything is good :) I bet a lot of your hd films you've downloaded have cinavia built into the soundtrack though.

I am not sure if the original poster is still interested. but I came across this site that claim to root the Samsung firmware and remove the parts that detect Cinavia. I have not used it and not sure if it works
h**p://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8102
it looks like you have to join the forum, make donation to be able to access the files

Back