chirping noise pissing me off

LittleMike

Inactive User
Reaction score
has anyone out there had the same problem of a annoying sound like birds chirping on some channels and if so has anyone solved the problem????

i am desperate guys!! :CRYBABY: :CRYBABY: :CRYBABY:

Lad it sounds like your tuner is busted. I've go a few aswell that does the same.

thing is when turned on its spot on for about 20 mins and then the chirping starts if it was my tuner it would fook up straight away wouldnt it?

you would think that it would start straight away but i have 2 boxes with the same prob. one does it after 10-15 mins the other after 2 or so hours.
quite a few people have been having the same prob recently.
my opinion is its the tuner and i still have to be proved wrong, i have tried everyting people have suggested software wise to sort it with no joy as of yet.
if you buy a tuner and fit it whos saying that tuner is ok.
i am awaiting another tuner arriving so will give it a go hopefully in the next couple of days.

Try massaging your infeed to give a better signal. Failing that i would try different services and bouquets.

hi fishy123 where are you getting your tuner from? let us know how you get on? you are like me i have threw everything that everyody has suggested and nothing. have you tryed different services and bouquets? i havent yet will give it a go. everything points to the tuner

i have known working services and bouquets from my working box.
using these makes no difference.
like you and i both say it points to the tuner.
i bought my first tuner off ebay second hand trying to save a bit of cash.
this time im getting mine straight from a reputable firm in germany it has cost roughly £30.
i am no wizz witha soldering iron but after my first attempt am more confident now.
if this attempt doesnt work im not gonna waste any more money on it.
thats why ive been trying everything possible first.
i know of one person on here with similar problems and a new tuner fixed it, worth one more shot i suppose to put my mind at rest cos its really bugging now.

my last resort is to buy a signal booster b4 i go down the road of installing a new tuner does anyone know of a cheap booster i could buy?

argos do one for 7.99, if i remember its 534/4228 but my memory is not what it used to be.

yeh u can buy it frm argos and if it doesnt help with the chirping noise. simply return the booster nd u get ur full money bak

maybe this is the answer..I dunno

Had same problem on a new Silver Sagem box I bought. Had Box 3.5 on it, tried it with my services file. OK for about an hour then came the chirping, re booted went away for another 30 ins or so but always came back! Upshot, sold it on to a lad in Dundee, he put Sportster on it ran his services and it went away.

Could be an image problem but I know sod all and am just learning. I was disapointed as the silver box looked nice next to my silver hyper media chassis and other hardware.

We just a little side note if interested. I've found this problem before but it diffrent in that it last for only 1 min max. This is done to the cable company send a signal down the line to update / investigate the cable box . As you know your cable feed is shared with upto 5 other people only your modem prevents you from reading other peoples emails, thus the cable company sends the signal down ( every day at 9:30pm were I live) and my box receives it , doesn't understand it ( no talk back on dbox) and so decodes it as a squeaky signal.

chirping

I changed the splitter that I was using... it was a cheap on I picked up in Canada paid $1.. bout 45p the chirping stopped when I put one that i bought over on ebay.

right here we go im looking at the new tuner and this time i am more wary!!!!!!
if you remember ive attempted this once before and on that one pin 9 on the tuner wasnt soldered and on my other i have looked and pin 9 isnt soldered either?

my first attempt i didnt solder it do i with this one?

fishy123 said:
right here we go im looking at the new tuner and this time i am more wary!!!!!!
if you remember ive attempted this once before and on that one pin 9 on the tuner wasnt soldered and on my other i have looked and pin 9 isnt soldered either?

my first attempt i didnt solder it do i with this one?

Looks like pin 9 isnt meant to be soldered. Try it without soldering it, and if it still doesnt work, try soldering it.

However saying this, it looks like pin 9 IS soldered on my box - I have checked several times. Then again this is without removing the board from the box so its hard to see.

hi all sorry i havent got back sooner i havent been well for last few days, so much so that i gave the tuner and box to my freind to solder the tuner in.
yes its been on for last 12 hours or so and all seems fine.
he didnt solder pin nine and it works fine i havent done a scan yet i just loaded my services and bouquets i allready have.
all in all im happy now.
i was going to wait till the end of the week to do it myself when im off work but i knew some of you were waiting to see how things went.
a few people asked where i was getting the tuner from and here is where.
it worked out at roughly £30 nearly a tenner p+p bit steep eh?

Back