Chicken in a Basket

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A classic recipe made easy (adjust the ingredients based upon requirements)

Ingredients:

• 1 baking potato, peeled and finely grated
  • salt, and freshly ground black pepper
  • a few pinches of cornflour
  • 100 ml vegetable oil
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • a pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
  • 6 leaves basil
  • 120 g plain flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 120g breadcrumbs
  • a few salad leaves, to decorate

Method:

1. Squeeze the potato to remove any excess water and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the corn flour.

2. Using a bird's nest sieve (this is effectively a normal mesh sieve), make the potatoes into little baskets by placing it around the sieve. Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer and fry the potato baskets for about 3 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.

3. Mix the strips of chicken with the cayenne, garlic and basil.

4. Mix together the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Cover the chicken strips in this mixture. Deep-fry until golden.

5. Arrange the salad leaves in the baskets. Put the chicken on top and serve.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please can you advise me where I can buy such a basket? Thank you

:)

You don't necessarily have to make your own basket, although some people have been known to take up weaving just to get a taste of this succulent dish.

You can of course also replace the basket with a cardboard box and use pre-purchased chicken from any popular high street chicken outlet.

If you do wish to make these, then may i suggest Google. Let me google that for you

Last edited:
You don't necessarily have to make your own basket, although some people have been known to take up weaving just to get a taste of this succulent dish.

You can of course also replace the basket with a cardboard box and use pre-purchased chicken from any popular high street chicken outlet.

If you do wish to make these, then may i suggest Google. Let me google that for you

Perfect until the last line. Nice post either way :tongue:

You mean you didn't want to know ;)

Nope, I was just treating you like others who post here :tongue: You can post some threats of violence on my visitors page now if you want to be in keeping ;)

Nope, I was just treating you like others who post here :tongue: You can post some threats of violence on my visitors page now if you want to be in keeping ;)

I tried to, but I got a weird forum message stating "We apologise for the lengthy queue, please take a number".

I have pictures of me choking a chicken with a basket in the background, does that count?

I tried to, but I got a weird forum message stating "We apologise for the lengthy queue, please take a number".

I have pictures of me choking a chicken with a basket in the background, does that count?

+1 and touche
Exos managed to get through :tongue:
Goits :)

Not sure about everyone else, but does no-one think it strange he has pictures of himself choking his chicken. I guess the basket is a fetish.

Not sure about everyone else, but does no-one think it strange he has pictures of himself choking his chicken. I guess the basket is a fetish.

The pics I had of me doing a basket choke didn't attract any attention :(

wire_slings_care_4.gif

Wonder how the pics of me strangling Exos will do? :)

Last edited:
Back