Cheapest PDA with gps to run tomtom

XDbox2

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a cheap as chips PDA with built in gprs to run tomtom, I've got my driving test next month and need to be real careful to avoid speed cameras.

Im currently looking at the Acer N35 which seems to fit the bill perfectly.

They might be great but theyre £300 +, way out of my price range. Im looking to spend < £150

You will get a Mio 168 or clone for much less than £150 on fleabay. It has a built in flip up GPS receiver. Runs TT6 no problem with speed cam warnings.

Freddy

My vote goes to Mio P350

I'd recommend the Mio P350. It is the successor to Mio 168 I think. Bought mine on EBay for £140 plus postage. The GPS antenna is integrated (no Flip-up antenna as on 168). Windows Pocket PC plenty of GPS and other software around ;-)

Gary

I have the Acer n35 yes its cheep as chips, it works great with the tomtom v6 and it is a pda when all said and done as well, i use a 1gb card in mine though i have 2gb which i put movies on and watch during flights etc.:eater:

I've just been getting a Navman PiN570 for under £100 with Navman software already installed and ready to run. With the kind help and support from this forum was able to get TomTom Navigator 6 up and running. See TomTom Navigator 6 on Navman thread.

Cheers

@ Dave, much you wanting for your N35 PM me if you want to deal :) ?

@ Alan where did you get the Pavman Pin570 from, Thats the PDA I was originally looking at from halfords but there appears to be no stock.

A word of warning, be carfull with the Navman pin570, i had one originally from Comet 8 months down the line it died, when i went back they said that Navman had stopped production of the Pin570 and they gave me the Acer N35 to replace it, they are about 90% the same, bar a little bit different in the way the soft keys are programmed, also one comes with Navman of course whilst the other shipped with Destinator.

mate......picked up dell x50 (brand new) for £100 from fleebay......1gb sd card £20, Holox Bt-321 bluetooth GPS for £30 from fleebayand plenty of tomtom software floating around.........brand new system cost around £150.....................gps and pretty good pda with windows CE 2003 + forgot to mention WIFI

I got my Navman PiN570 from www.gpsw.co.uk (GPS Warehouse). Just been on their site looks like they must have sold them all - still have some pretty amazing offers. I've just been trying out TomTom software on an Acer N35 locked onto satellites fine but when I started to move the screen goes all over the place - tried messing around with the Baud Rates but didn't seem to make much difference - does anyone have any advice here? Cheers

Saw this for the first time yesterday, bat was low, plugged in car charger and was fine, hope this helps.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try and let you know - Cheers

Yep, it does work fine with the charger plugged in but still goes all over the shop without charger even after the batteries have had a full charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a ipac rz1710 PDA with car cradle that has a built in gps receiver from ebay for £116, it had via Michalin sat nav software with it but I have since installed tom tom on it.

I have had it noe for over 12 months and it has been great I have had no problems with it.

Fermec

dedicated unit - not PDA....
Get an ayetobe from maplins 99 quid - search net for how to install TT6 and speed cameras :)

Back