Cheapest CCCam HD Receiver

SimLive

Inactive User
Reaction score
I had a 800hd before but i sold it because of the stupid price.

Is that kathrein ufs910 the best/cheapest option ?

i thought dm800 is the only HD box which supports cccam?

rage99 is that you?

Last edited:
i was just googling before and i found new foreign forums that mentioned kathrein now offered cccam? is that the case? as maybe a client only?

Taken from another forum

Guys first release.

Here is read me, due to forum rules I can not post files on here so you will need to source elsewhere.

incubusCamd, cam daemon.
---------------------------

Available for processor types: sh4 (tested only on Cuberevo, Cuberevo mini, kathrein ufs910 with e2)

Use the e2 version on kathrein with enigma 2 on board, the other version on ipbox 9000/900 with dgstation firmwares

Card client for protocols: cccam, gbox, newcamd 5.20, newcamd 5.25, radegast old, radegast new, aroureos

.conf and .prio files can be inserted in the /var/bin directory, or in /etc, or in /var/keys

20/06/2008, V0.50, First public release
camd33 and camd35 is really much unstable so I think it's not yet ready for public,
asap it will be ready i'll publish it
This is the first release, you can't see any log on the console because
I don't wanna people read infos that could put them on the strange way.
However logs on console are really good to know if bugs are the cause of your problem or
simply if you are so noob to not be able to configure it correctly.

Read very well config files and don't say something you don't know.

This is not a fully working cam, some functions are not implemented/enabled because they are not ready for public and
I think people don't wanna functions that are working not really good as they expected!
(also this version is a beta version, but i wanted to put some hopes on people that believe a cam is better than othern one,
we have tested the cam on many decoders and we can say this cam is not bad at all also in beta and not full working mode )

So for the first release I choose to public only client side of the cam.

I want to thank raton_craquero for givin' me the possibility to know really a lot of things on how to use dvb_api and i have
to admit that i really like his config file structure and his log functions, so i decided to use them with his agreement
Thank you!

Regards, the IncubusCrew!

Last edited:
i am waiting for the ipbox910 hd to come in stock myself

you can connect to cccam ( only 1 at present ) with the incubuscam.

Last edited:
Yes this is where confusion comes but bro is correct. All those other receivers do not have ability to run cccam. Ie their processor is not able to run cccam at present.
However, they can run the incubus camd which does currently have basic cccam protocol now built in, so that it can connect to a single provider cccam share, no emulation, no reading of local cards, no keys etc.

Maybe one day cccam will appear on other receivers but for now it will only be private support that will give some benefit, so at present it is limited. So, the fact will be that its incubuscam and not cccam :)

Interesting!
Whats the EPG support like on the Kathrein, they work with Freesat? Local sat dealer near mine has them in for £240

anyone seen cheaper? or advise me against buying one of these?

I dont think the kathrein has much support for uk epg yet but maybe someone will say different? I believe the ipbox has the better support for epg but both wont work with freesat epg yet, data has to be via internet feed.

These sh4 type receivers are good they just need more development to improve, so i'd say its worth £240 and you just have to adapt to it slightly for now. Like the incubus cam is known to be fairly unstable so you just have to use mgcamd and get new friends who use newcs for instance. Plus keep your existing standard definition Eagle and you can use that for reading local cards, if needed. So thats what others are doinig, just adapting and getting round minor problems. In the long run though i'd say the IPbox/cuberevo receivers would likely get more support & development than the kathrein.
Its just my opinion though so maybe others can comment and give their views :)

sh4 development is a twat lol not a lot of peeps have jumped on board yet :( although it is going ahead albeit at a snails pace lol
as yet the firmware for kathy is still early days, enigma 2 is possible but only via usb/nfs boot so not for everyone epg pretty much the same as dreambox ie now/next.
incubusCamd is a great step forward but as stated not 100% working as yet tbh dont think it will be either AS cccam itself will be availbe for sh4 type boxes (prob early jan/feb) so hopefully then development will jump forward :)

cheers

osborne82

incubusCamd is a great step forward but as stated not 100% working as yet tbh dont think it will be either AS cccam itself will be availbe for sh4 type boxes (prob early jan/feb) so hopefully then development will jump forward :)

cheers

osborne82

lol, why do people keep saying that? CCcam will never come. they have activly stoped CCcam working on ipbox for the last year by putting code in that detects if its running on a relook/ipbox and stops working (known fact). so why o why would they start supporting thier main competitor now?

CCcam = Dreambox

Pretty old thread but there are a few more receivers supporting CCcam. These are the ones I know:

- Octagon SF918
- Winsat 2010
- M-Vision HD300N

Can others add to this list ?

Last edited:
Back