Cheap Webcam...................

i got one of these, from a computer fair, its a good cam, though the light thing is a pain. i love the zoom too. thing is as time has gone on, both myself and a friend, we bought two at the time, are having trouble with the driver, usually with messenger. the driver starts up, using 50% of cpu time. even if the camera is not connected! shutting it down causes the comp to crash after a short while. i was wondering if you had the same drivers as us? the instructions showed a setup screen nothing like the one we got on our mini cd driver disc!

Mine arrived this morning , and yes its a great camera for the price , but I cant find the option to turn off the leds , no tray icon either as previously posted . So if anyone knows where its hidden let us know please .

time to trawl the net for some answers

It depends on your operating system. With windows vista, you have to use the new drivers. With xp, you can use both but with the new drivers, you cannot turn the LED off. I will upload both the new and old drivers. It it recommended if you are using xp to use the old drivers.

It depends on your operating system. With windows vista, you have to use the new drivers. With xp, you can use both but with the new drivers, you cannot turn the LED off. I will upload both the new and old drivers. It it recommended if you are using xp to use the old drivers.
thank you devil much appreciated

got mine today,looks a sturdy cam for the money but the lights p**s u of a bit

D'oh D'oh D'oh just installed this cam on a new vista pc, i got nada!! vista see's the cam, all the driveres are in place, but the screen is grey!!! just thought i'd say

D'oh D'oh D'oh just installed this cam on a new vista pc, i got nada!! vista see's the cam, all the driveres are in place, but the screen is grey!!! just thought i'd say

use the drivers i uploaded. you need the new drivers.

instructions:

1)unplug uninstall everything to do with the cam, all software and rivers
2)with cam unplugged, install drivers
3)restart computer and plug cam back in and let it install drivers itself
that should do it

Tried the old drivers , but the icon in the task bar says disconnected !!!
and it look like they are win98 drivers , if i go through the have disk option to try and update it wont take them drivers !!

any ideas

use the drivers i uploaded. you need the new drivers.

instructions:

1)unplug uninstall everything to do with the cam, all software and rivers
2)with cam unplugged, install drivers
3)restart computer and plug cam back in and let it install drivers itself
that should do it

soz m8 tried all that but still doesnt work ,doesnt even come up with the amcap icon on the desktop (damn vista me printer dont work with it either)
any other ideas m8?

well i ordered mine just before i posted this, and guess what

it arrived today..............

its one of the only things apart from the sim cards that i have ever got, (well nearly got a colour tv once...........lol.........)

soz m8 tried all that but still doesnt work ,doesnt even come up with the amcap icon on the desktop (damn vista me printer dont work with it either)
any other ideas m8?

i'd PM you but others might have same problem.

Check in device drivers (Right click my computer >> Properties>> Device Drivers) to see if the camera is detected. Has vista recognised your USB ports?
If it has, it will be a problem with TWAIN drivers rather than the camera itself. Are you plugging directly into USB drive or using usb extension lead? i tried using extension lead and it didnt work, not even with xp.

i am on xp so i unistalled the new drivers and installed the old ones and it asks me for a file of the instalation disc and when i have done that and rebooted i get the icon on the taskbar and it says disconnected,but i can work it with the amcap program,,,,,aarrgghh

the lights are doing my head in so i may wire up a switch to turn them on and off

same as me! i cant turn the leds off!!! damn annoying

See you not -Jimmy

Hi can anyone help please,
Got the webcam and installed the drivers
When i plug it in a message says "device not recognised" I tried uninstalling and reinstalling same thing happens.
In device manager/universal serial bus controller/usb root hub changes to unknown device when i plug the camera in.
When i check the update driver it says latest installed?

got the cam this morning neat wee cam, i am running Vista...

installed the new drivers uploaded by devil666x done a reboot plugged cam in, found new hardware then went to went to M$ Update found and and installed the drivers for it.

working a peach lights only come on when its dark, worth ago guys..

cheers

mine arrived not had time to test yet, hey cheap enuf tho.

got the cam this morning neat wee cam, i am running Vista...

installed the new drivers uploaded by devil666x done a reboot plugged cam in, found new hardware then went to went to M$ Update found and and installed the drivers for it.

working a peach lights only come on when its dark, worth ago guys..

cheers

ive tried that about 6 times and still cant get it to work can u post the updated drivers youve got m8?
thanks

i'd PM you but others might have same problem.

Check in device drivers (Right click my computer >> Properties>> Device Drivers) to see if the camera is detected. Has vista recognised your USB ports?
If it has, it will be a problem with TWAIN drivers rather than the camera itself. Are you plugging directly into USB drive or using usb extension lead? i tried using extension lead and it didnt work, not even with xp.

ive tried again and it still dont work just a blank screen ,but it is reconised in the device manager and says its uptodate im just pluggin it straight in no exstension and it still aint workin

Back