Channels Missing 28.2E Sky

Easy solution

Why don't open atv or open vix
Have an option to click on a channel on the enigma 2 boxes that has say for instance sly sports 4 , then gives you an option to link a iptv channel to the original channel that is down, so when you go back to your guide and press on sly sport 4 it points to the iptv linked sly sport 4 channel, then you would have a TV guide that is updated by AutoBouquets every day. Sorted. Easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and what would be the point of that?
you would have to set up IPTV initialy anyway so wouldnt it be easier just to select sly sports 4 from the IPTV sports bouquet? rather than chosing a none working channel then going into a menu to link a dead channel with and IPTV stream?

Then you wouldn't have to use echannelizer or some other type of TV guide for iptv, it would use the original dead channels TV guide but point to the iptv channel instead

Then you wouldn't have to use echannelizer or some other type of TV guide for iptv, it would use the original dead channels TV guide but point to the iptv channel instead

Sound theory but i doubt image developers taking it on board.
There main focus is getting the receiver to do what its supposed to do...bring in sat or cable channels.
IPTV is a 3rd party addon that you choose to use yourself.

Sound theory but i doubt image developers taking it on board.
There main focus is getting the receiver to do what its supposed to do...bring in sat or cable channels.
IPTV is a 3rd party addon that you choose to use yourself.

Make sense though to use the original cross epg to find the TV guide information but yet point to a working iptv stream channel to replace missing transponder

I tried iptv and didn't get on with it. Found zapping too slow. Good if you already know what you want to watch I guess. Can't see it as a full replacement for current sat/cbl setup.

Iv always wanted motorised set up but my set includes multiswitch and guessing il need another dish.

Current 60cm dish on front of house a big enough doubt I could stick anything larger.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What are the chances of the majority living next door to neighbours with "proper satellite sytems"?
i know none of my neighbours have, so IPTV suits me fine :)

your just unlucky that you live close to noisey neighbours with good satellite systems lol

Not my property actually & I bet you do because they were just on an ordinary sky dish having a BBQ in the garden while the match was on, we were beating them on a satellite feed by a mile anyway but the neighbour the other way was watching on an IPTV box & he said later to the owner of the property, he could hear the shouts & how late he was seeing what they were all shouting about.

guess what he uses now lol

I tried iptv and didn't get on with it. Found zapping too slow. Good if you already know what you want to watch I guess. Can't see it as a full replacement for current sat/cbl setup.

Iv always wanted motorised set up but my set includes multiswitch and guessing il need another dish.

Current 60cm dish on front of house a big enough doubt I could stick anything larger.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Iptv can be slow if you have a slow internet speed or have filters on your router. But iptv is easy to setup to a enigma box, I do it all via my mobile phone, don't even need a laptop or pc.. and the channels once selected are instant.. so I do think it would be the answer to all this transponder nonsense

Not my property actually & I bet you do because they were just on an ordinary sky dish having a BBQ in the garden while the match was on, we were beating them on a satellite feed by a mile anyway but the neighbour the other way was watching on an IPTV box & he said later to the owner of the property, he could hear the shouts & how late he was seeing what they were all shouting about.

guess what he uses now lol
of course a motorised dish will be better than IP*V.
But I can not see everyone that uses cam on 28.2°E running out to get the dish motorised.
Although as you say some will.
On my enigma2 running two tuners (sat/cable) and IP*V.
I will not renew my virmin when it's up and just stay with IP*V.
But you did say there was 10 minute delay that could mislead members and quests reading that post as it is incorrect.
IP*V has come along way recently.
17 seconds is not a big issue for me as I live in a white padded cell and can't hear outside world.
All channels good here. Many many channels you can't get on a motorised dish and football matchs.
I've really took to USA tv. Been watching loads of it recently.

To pick that up I would need to borrow them dishes at GCHQ.

Interested to hear if you have ever spotted cricket or rugby union on your motorized dish and if so which sat. Thanks

Cricket & Rugby are harder (than say football) but you do see a lot of feeds, it depends if there's an audience.

Have a look at Satelliweb & their feed records tab on the left & choose Rugby, Cricket.

They don't catch every feed & a good blind scan on a satellite receiver can get you ahead quite quickly, but it gives an idea - [ some on now I think]

IPL has become popular of late, you need top gear,

Cricket & Rugby are harder (than say football) but you do see a lot of feeds, it depends if there's an audience

Have a look at Satelliweb & their feed records tab on the left & choose Rugby, Cricket.

They don't catch every feed & a good blind scan on a satellite receiver can get you ahead quite quickly, but it gives an idea - [ some on now I think]

IPL has become popular of late, you need top gear,
Many thanks, I'' take a look at Satelliweb. When you say 'top gear' are we talking a dish greater that 1m or are your thinking sat box (currently have a Solo2) as well?

Many thanks, I'' take a look at Satelliweb. When you say 'top gear' are we talking a dish greater that 1m or are your thinking sat box (currently have a Solo2) as well?

bigger dish mainly, PSL on a 1m

of course a motorised dish will be better than IP*V.
But I can not see everyone that uses cam on 28.2°E running out to get the dish motorised.
Although as you say some will.

There's been a big jump in people going for motorised satellite systems after what's happened/ happening on 28e & a lot who've already tried IPTV & aren't impressed.

Today I saw a football feed from a very well know sport's network that are well known for a very good picture quality [OK it was beIN], but it had been turned into IPTV & was nothing like the original, soft, more like SD with an odd judder that I think is a compression trick that has probably taken the place of the more obvious blockies when it runs out of bandwidth for even the sd - something like dropping frames instead, later I saw the football on a proper broadcast feed - after seeing that, you just wouldn't say I wish I had IPTV unless you should've gone to specsavers or are still using a CRT.

What's a good sat receiver to get the most out of my motorised dish, I currently have a spiderbox or will this still be adequate.

As i predicted im now getting issues on transponder.....
12110 H 27500 (5/6)

im getting ECM readings and not clearing now.
All sky sports now gone?
sky sports mix ok on different transponder.
also....
sky 1
sky arts
fox
sky1 + 1
sky movies matt damon
gone.

this is after a quick check.

update:
now getting issues on transponder........
12266 H 27500 (5/6)

Last edited:
As i predicted im now getting issues on transponder.....
12110 H 27500 (5/6)

im getting ECM readings and not clearing now.
All sky sports now gone?
sky sports mix ok on different transponder.
also....
sky 1
sky arts
fox
sky1 + 1
sky movies matt damon
gone.

this is after a quick check.

update:
now getting issues on transponder........
12266 H 27500 (5/6)

yes m8 all channels on 12110 are now dark

What's a good sat receiver to get the most out of my motorised dish, I currently have a spiderbox or will this still be adequate.
You may struggle to the power to the dish with your box,Set it up as usals and just scan

of these gone now.

Sky Sports 1 UK
Sky Sports 2 IRL
sky Sports 3 UK
Sky F1
Sky 1 UK
sky 1 +1 UK
FOX
Comedy Central UK
Cartoonito
Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon +1