Other Changing VPN port or bypassing locked system like school

chronoman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi
I work offshore and they are really screwing back the Internet.
I used to be able to access my own router VPN ( asus) but now they've blocked that .
I can't even FaceTime now and all AppStore apps are unreachable.
Any ideas to workaround this.
I can get full access to play store with my gameshield with VPN working but prefer FaceTime/ iPad
Cheers chronoman

You say they have blocked your VPN but can get full access via a VPN? Can you clear up what you mean please [emoji1360]

If it is indeed the latter, why not setup the VPN on your iPad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say they have blocked your VPN but can get full access via a VPN? Can you clear up what you mean please [emoji1360]

If it is indeed the latter, why not setup the VPN on your iPad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My friend can access my VPN normally ,I am being blocked offshore from connecting to my VPN,I also had VPN for phone already installed so I re- purchased this which was also blocked .
Using my nvidia gameshield ( android play) I can install and use 30% of the VPN I have tried .
I'm looking for alternative to break through the firewall to use VPN preferably so I can access my home if possible .
I'm unsure if it's port or IP address they've blocked

@chronoman,

I use a Secure Shell (SSH) tunnel for work internet connection and mobile, both of which use a server at home (better then a paid one, or free one which will sniff data).

The home server runs OpenSSH and clients use either PuTTY or ConnectBot (Android). This creates a proxy server, on LocalHost which you connect the browser to.

I run the tunnel over a specific port but you can specify whatever port you want. If their firewalls are clever enough they might notice strange data on a port and block it but you could pipe it over port 80 and see what happens. Take care to use far-end DNS otherwise DNS requests will be leaking your browsing :).

I just has a quick look and the page I learned this from on (in 2011) is no longer up but I could write a quick tutorial when I find some time :). ConnectBot setup was a pain!

I know @spud1966 was asking for this too! Trying to find time :).

Depends what they're using. If they're using meraki kit or similar with 7 layer protection, then you're likely going to struggle to bypass the firewall.

You could as spectre say setup a ssh tunnel, and do it that way, but in all likelihood, you're not going to bypass it simply. If its been configured correctly, then you're going to need to hack the system to bypass it.

With layer 7 protection you can actually block applications, hence the VPN being blocked, it will also likely be blocking certain protocols and ports. All of this with deep packet inspection, and sadly you're not bypassing it.

I would suggest trying a few VPNs and seeing if you can bypass it that way, but again if its configured correctly, you're not bypassing it easily.

Back