changing isp advice wanted please

zapper

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am thinking of changing my isp i am with wanadoo at the moment have been with them for years but yesterday i got a letter in the post telling me that i am downloading more than my allowance of 30gb per month by downloading 39gb in the last 3 months . they have only started to cap my download in march . it says at the bottom of the letter that if i continue to exceed my monthly usage allowance we will have no option but to close your account cheeky baxxstrds had a row with them on the phone telling them that they changed there contract when they feel like it & that i have never been on the phone to them when there modems are down & i cant get on line for days sometimes . I told them there has been loads of times when i could not get on line as there is a fauilt at there end i i have phoned them only to be told there is no fauilt at there end they lie to you all the time about that they dont give you a refund for the times you cant get on line .
Can anyone recomend a good 1meg internet provider that has no problems useing p2p & no problems downloading & no downloads limit & easy to conect to please > ps was thinking of going with AOL the gold package at £24.99 for 1meg no downloads limits can anyone advice about this aol package or recomend a good internet provider dont want to change to another isp & end up with loads of problems like cant connect or it dont suport this & that shit thanks

Ukonline has 2meg unlimited for £19.99 a month and 512 unlimited for £9.99 a month - if you live in the right areas [most large towns now].

Also u can get 1 month free is someone (me?) recomends u

w*ww.ukonline.net

Onetel are worth a look - £23.99 per month, no download limits. They also do various bundles with stuff like free evening and weekend calls which can make the whole deal even cheaper.

I've used them for about five years for dial-up and phone calls and been very happy with them. When broadband finally comes to my village I intend to stick with them for that.

currently just switched to seriouslyinternet

early days yet but am on 2MB and no limits, no ports blocked and apart from a couple of problems regarding email (now sorted) so far seems fine

as said though ... only just switched to them 9 days ago

just switched from griffin internet to adsl4less £14.99 pm 512k unlimited so far so good

Using telewest broadband. Only £14.99 per month for 512K, however, its only for a year. After the year, I suppose you will be asked to switch over to 1MEG.

But they provided me with modem and wireless kit with free installation.

Beware NTL! They've just started capping off their broadband packages so that a 1mb line has a 3gb monthly cap. Same price as well. At least they aren't enforcing the limits... yet.

Hi m8

u might want 2 check out (www).bulldogbroadband.com/

they've got some crazy broadband offers.

i had the same prbs with wanado i got 2 letter's from them and then they kicked me of there isp lol i went to UK on line 2 weeks ago and a 2mb line and they have a 8mb line if you are in the right place :)

broadband

hi

yeah i've got pipex at the moment & wouldnt recommend them (this account expires end of july)

In the last year I have had 2 outages for +24 hrs each time, however friends a couple of streets down & on the same exchange with BT didnt have those outages. even though pipex tell me its a bt problem??

The 'free' upgrade was scheduled for May & it arrived on Tuesday, again about 2 months after the exchange was upgraded & the day after I told them thats 12 months, close my contract. Their DNS settings changed, but they didnt tell me about it.

.... poor

Back